Florida-Central Florida
Options

Ladies who went to the PWG Bridal Show

Just curious, has anyone been told they won something? I got a phone call that night from the Pink Apron dinner whatever that I have concluded is a scam. Lots of people online said they just want you to buy stuff and keep calling. I also got an email from Flowers by Jonathan saying I won a maid of honor bouquet and a call from Elegant Imagery saying I won a choice of 6 $500 gifts. Did everyone get these calls/emails?

Re: Ladies who went to the PWG Bridal Show

• Options
    AileeneGAileeneG member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to one a few months ago with some of my bridesmaids and we all got calls from Pink Apron. I actually got more than one call from them. I think 2 of them got a call from Jonathan's Flowers, and I got a couple of emails from him all saying we won bridesmaids bouquets.

I did not get any call from Elegant Imagery, though, so that might be legit. :)
  • Options
    AileeneGAileeneG member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Actually, come to think of it, I don't think I actulally gave Elegant Imagery my info since I didn't need a photogrpaher at the time, so I don't know if they call everyone or not.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got the elegant imagery one last year. They add the "$500 gift" to a package, which costs A LOT, if I remember correctly. The lady told me to check out their myspace, where I saw that they were offering the same "gifts" to basically everyone. If you can afford them, awesome, they seemed like a nice photo place. (I also got the other two calls that Aileene got but figured since she already covered that I wouldn't mention it.)
  • Options
    skhynesskhynes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure SarahSmile said that Elegant Imagery would not stop emailing/calling her constantly after a bridal show so she was very turned off.  I could be wrong though...
    Claire Elisabeth born at 27w1d on 2/20/11
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Elegant imagery keeps calling me after the January show saying I won $500 off. Well anyone your really book that day gives you the same deal. We even were getting calls from places we didn't give our information!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    225 image Invited
    127 image Making the Trip
    98 image Missing out
    0 image MIA
    RSVP date February 19th
  • Options
    SRivera09SRivera09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I get tons of emails all the time from Elegant Imagery offering stuff, but I can't remembered if I ever spoke with them.  I would wary of Jonathan though.   A lot girls here have not been happy with his final product.  It seem they loved their bouquets but have been very disappointed with the centerpieces.  I had hired him, then fired him!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I have been too afraid to look in my inbox. I so far have  has the avon lady call me twice. But no one has called yet for "free" stuff.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Elegant Imagery has called me twice since the show on Sunday and I didn't even stop at their booth. But as soon as I told them I've already signed with another photographer they stopped calling!
  • Options
    BananaMustangBananaMustang member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh I get emails from Elegant Imagery all the time...Once you are on whatever email list they have, you get TONS!

I also got the Pink Apron call, and I think it is a scam. I dont even remember seeing anyone by the name of Pink Apron at the wedding show I went to.

• Options
    BananaMustangBananaMustang member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also....I just figured this out...If you get a lot of emails from certain vendors, you can check your "subscriptions" under PWG and change what is sent to you...I just went and unsubscribed everything. I have all my vendors set up and the last thing I need is more emails...
  • Options
    Britt1406Britt1406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting lots of e-mails from people at the show- nothing that I won anything though. I don't think I gave my info to any of the companies you mentioned. Most of the e-mails are just saying thanks for stopping by and please don't forget about us kind of things.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    October 2012 Pumpkin Patch Babies click here for list.
  • Options
    ashbosityashbosity member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone for all the help. I knew I was opening myself up to a bunch of junk mail and calls when I went. I am on a tight budget, so I doubt I can afford Elegant Imagery, although I do really like their work. Thanks!
  • Options
    SarahSmile23SarahSmile23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-central-florida_ladies-went-pwg-bridal-show?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:66Discussion:87e23914-0f17-44f9-b2d5-91da5c52c7f9Post:04983f3d-6b55-4c14-a07b-f354e3658f6a">Re: Ladies who went to the PWG Bridal Show</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure SarahSmile said that Elegant Imagery would not stop emailing/calling her constantly after a bridal show so she was very turned off.  I could be wrong though...
    Posted by skhynes[/QUOTE]

yes. they won't go away. i hate them. lol.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yup, all the aforementioned people have contacted me too. Really makes me regret giving my info to anyone. I am happy with the $50 David's Bridal gift certificate though. :) lol
  • Options
    SarahSmile23SarahSmile23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-central-florida_ladies-went-pwg-bridal-show?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:66Discussion:87e23914-0f17-44f9-b2d5-91da5c52c7f9Post:68e94bd1-3f49-45e0-b91a-ed79c8c7197b">Re: Ladies who went to the PWG Bridal Show</a>:
    [QUOTE]I get tons of emails all the time from Elegant Imagery offering stuff, but I can't remembered if I ever spoke with them.  I would wary of Jonathan though.   A lot girls here have not been happy with his final product.  It seem they loved their bouquets but have been very disappointed with the centerpieces.  I had hired him, then fired him!
    Posted by SRivera09[/QUOTE]

this is true. if you already booked him, don't stress. my bouquet was stunning and everything else he did for me was very pretty, as well. but if you haven't booked him yet and care at all about consistency, keep looking!
  • Options
    Theresa626Theresa626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I won that elegant Imagery thing.  You can have any of those gifts only if you book them as your photographer. So, it's not really winning something. The flowers by jonathan thing is probably the same too.  There are legitimate things to win which I have won before but not everything is legitimate. sometimes they are just offers for money off if you go with that person. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OHMYGOD. I know it's a bit late but I literally have an entire INBOX full of Emails from this thing. I gave my email to like 3-5 vendors tops, and suddenly EVERY wedding place in Central Florida has it and Emails me daily. Fabulous. Ack!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards