Mississippi

Oxford, MS Wedding Ideas?!

Hey ladies! I'm getting married in Oxford, date to be announced. I need some unique locations/ideas that aren't your typical Oxford marriage in the chapel, double decker to University Club. Not that I would mind that but I would love a beautiful wedding beside some water or just an amazing view. Something besides Chapel Hill also just because I've been to approximately 5 wedding and they were all exactly the same. Thanks so much!

Re: Oxford, MS Wedding Ideas?!

• edited December 2011
    One of my friends got married at Camp Lake Stephens and it was sooooo beautiful. It was very naturesque and romantic, and probably pretty inexpensive!
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married next summer in the Powerhouse. The inside of the building has a very pretty vintage look to it that I like.  I also looked at Rowan Oak and Colonel's Quarters.  Good luck! I love Oxford. =)
  • edited December 2011
    check out some of the antebellum homes around the square... some of them rent out for weddings. I cant remember which one it was but one rented out to my friend and it was beautiful and really catches the feel of Oxford
  • mlhill21mlhill21 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the ideas everyone! 
  • elmurphy38elmurphy38 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Oak Hill Stables in Oxford!
  • leahkateleahkate member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Isom Place (next to Oxford Floral) is a pretty place for weddings. Also, look into the Johnson Commons Ballroom, The Inn at Ole Miss, and Southside Art Gallery.
  • I had my wedding at the Ole Miss Chapel on campus. Love the building and the fountain outside is great for photos.
  • kbtaftkbtaft member
    First Comment
    If you don't mind me asking, where did you end up getting married? We are looking for outdoor locations in Oxford.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards