Mississippi

Survey of the Day 06/07/2010

Hello ladies!

This board isn't very active, and I feel that we Mississippi girls are not sharing what this great state has to offer!  We have style and glamour with just enough down-home country to make us the type of girl envied across the U.S.  Not only are we classy, but we are also the regular girl-next-door.  With that being said, let's introduce ourselves to get this board moving!

Please share the following with other MS gals (credit to this survey goes to the Oct 2011 board) :
Name and FI's name:
Wedding Colors:
Wedding Theme:
How He Proposed:
Picture of Engagement Ring:
Anything else that you want to add:

Something old, something new; something borrowed, something RED!!!! Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Survey of the Day 06/07/2010

• KelleyLRKelleyLR member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Name and FI's name:  Kelley and Waylon

Wedding Colors: Red and Black

Wedding Theme: Fall Theme

How He Proposed: Waylon asked me to go take pictures around campus as a cheap/fun form of entertainment.  (He told me later that he wanted to propose in the Grove, but I began heading  toward the Lyceum.)  We took pictures here and there and were heading toward the fountain in the Quad.  (He also told me later that the fountain was the back-up plan.)  But, in front of the criminal justice building, I got a funny picture with his head up close with the moon in the background.  He said, "Hang on a minute, and I'll give you a good pose."  As I was fiddling with the camera to change the setting, I looked up, and there he was, down on his knee, with the ring out.  I stood there with my mouth open, drawing flies, and he asked if I was going to leave him hanging!  It was really special to me, because we met in a CJ class in college (serial killer profiling, to be exact!). 

Anything else that you want to add: I don't plan on getting married until October 2011.  Until time gets closer, we can't set a date in stone!  We are still playing with a lot of ideas right now.
    Something old, something new; something borrowed, something RED!!!! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Name and FI's name: Jamie and Jake
    Wedding Colors: chocolate brown and gold
    Wedding Theme: Fall/ Sunflowers
    How He Proposed: When I got home from work there was a note taped to the door and a trail of rose petals and candles through the house. When I got to the end of the trail, he was down on one knee.

Wedding Date: October 16, 2010
  • KelleyLRKelleyLR member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That sounds really nice!  It's nice to meet you.  Laughing
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards