Florida-West Coast
Options

Tampa area beach wedding - help

My fiance and I just got engaged. We are going on a Western Caribbean cruise in April and thought, hey, that could be our honeymoon. So now I'm trying to figure out if we can make a very small beach wedding happen (on a Saturday night - ugh) in two months!

Anyone have suggestions for a small (less than 10 people) sunset beach wedding? Budget is $1000 or less. I've emailed a few beach wedding companies (I'm in NY) but I'm nervous about their reputability since I can't go see them. 

Re: Tampa area beach wedding - help

• Options
    I got married at Sand Key and was able to get a permit to get married on the beach two months before.

Try calling them to make sure they have a space for you! If not, that rules out that beach. LOL

http://www.weddingsonsandkeybeach.com/weddings/
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

A friend from work got married on Sand Key - they loved it. Also, check out Fred Howard Park in Tarpon Springs - since they redid the beach area, it's beautiful. Fort Desoto and Pass-A-Grille are beautiful for sunsets.

Just keep in mind - if you are getting married on a public beach, it's just that - PUBLIC! That means anyone can just watch or come sit down. Depending on where you go, and what time of year it is, that will determine how populated it will be. For instance, this time of year snowbirds are starting to leave, so although there may be tons of condos around Indian Rocks, St. Pete Beach, etc, they're mostly EMPTY!

Best of luck!

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Is your cruise leaving from Florida?  If so and you want to link your wedding to the departure of the cruise, obviously look there.  Let me know and I can tell you all about venues near the cruise terminal in Tampa.  Not sure about Miami.  If not, and you are just looking to fly 10 people down here and get hitched, all you need is a permit and marriage license.  For 10 people, I would not bother paying a beach co to set up chairs for $1,000.  Let them stand and keep the cash for the bar afterward!  Personally, if I were doing this, I would get a justice of the peace to marry me on Sunset Beach and then party at Caddy's Beach Bar (St. Pete Beach/ Treasure Island).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards