Maryland

Annapolis ~ looking for a DJ & hairstylist

My friend is getting married in Annapolis next month & planning the entire thing in a little over a month's time.  I was hoping to help her find a DJ & a hairstylist.

It would be great if the stylist could come out to the beach house where all the bridesmaids are staying. 

Any recommendations?

Re: Annapolis ~ looking for a DJ & hairstylist

• edited December 2011
    I'm having Jamie from Baltimore Bridal Hair do my hair.  She will come to you, but may charge a small fee to go to Annapolis.  She has pretty awesome reviews on wedding wire, and I got really good recs from a few girls on the Baltimore board.

http://www.baltimorebridalhair.com/
    Vacation

Vacation
  • edited December 2011
    thanks  I emailed her
  • edited December 2011
    I don't know what type of budget you're working with but you can try AShley with Up Do's for I Do's.  Her husband owns Beat to Beat DJ's and they soemtimes offer a discount.  I think she's based in Catonsville.  I used her for my wedding and everyone was happy with their hair!
  • edited December 2011
    Wes Bedsworth is DJing for us. He has also DJ'd for coworkers and other friends. He is very laid back, friendly, extremely budget friendly and lives and works in Annapolis. He also volunteers for a local theatre in Annapolis and works all of their sound, light, electrical equipment. I've known him for probably 15 years and can tell you he's an honest person who won't rip you off. He's very organized and detail oriented and can even do slide shows.

Wes Bedsworth
    Wes@bedsworth.org
    410-746-8895
  • edited December 2011
    Kristen Foster in Arnold - she is awesome! you can go to her website krisfosterhair.com  She can do hair & make-up and will come to you.

The cheapest DJ I've come across around here is asolidgoldsound.com

Hope this helps!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Here is a DJ if you are looking for one still.  They are family owned and operated.  The dad and his daughter.  If you want someone young, Jen the daughter is the better option for a more youthful wedding but if you like classic then go with her dad Tom.  The website is:  http://www.instantpartyanddj.com/

The phone number is:  301-509-3491   They also do karaoke which is fun!  They are the company that does karaoke at Applebees and Damons around the area.  I am from Bowie myself so very familiar with Annapolis.  

As for hairstylist Beth Chrisner from Solace Salon and Day Spa of Annapolis did my hair.  She is young, like me.  I am 23 so it was nice having someone who was into young styles.  I had a classic loose updo, messy, curly bun and it was gorgeous.  She also did my moms hair and my girls.... oh and our make-up. 
  • edited December 2011
    Check out All Requests Dj. www.Billyzee.com He use to be a music teacher for Baltimore Schools so he is honest and plans well.
  • edited December 2011
    thanks for the help.  She ended up hiring http://www.bellesoeurstyles.com/ for the hair and makeup. 

The DJ was nicholas something like paris, but I don't think she'd highly recommend him.  He did a good job at the wedding, but he was bad about returning emails. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards