Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

Cheesecake??

Is anyone out there having a cheesecake wedding cake?  I'm not really a cake person and I'm looking for a baker who can do this at a reasonable price. 

Any ideas?

Due date: July 22, 2012!

Re: Cheesecake??

• Options
    mindiosumindiosu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Jerry's Cheesecakes.  Also, erin (a recently married knottie) did a cheesecake bar and said it turned out perfectly. Did about 20 toppings and bought cheesecake from Costco. 

Keep in mind, cheesecake needs to be refridgerated and can only be kept out for short periods of time so be sure to check with your venue regarding fridge space and staffing to continuously bring it out as needed.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using J Annette's.  Their cheescake is amazing.  Looks just like a wedding cake.  She freezes it so when she drops it off at the venue it doesn't have to be refrigerated or anything.  She will take it out of the freezer based on the time of the reception so it will be thawed just in time.  I think we are paying about $3.25 per slice.  Two of my friends used her.  The second one ordered too much and we ended up getting a tier to bring home.  I took it to work the next day and it was gone in about 30 minutes and everyone raved about it.

www.jannettes.com
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Jerry's.  Pics and review in bio.
  • Options
    aebb4aebb4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

FI isn't a cake person either so we're doing cheesecake. We decided to go with Jerry's Cheesecake in Milford and they have been really great to far. The cake will look just like a wedding cake and they really listen to you. We just felt more comfortable with them and they are reasonably priced.

• Options
    edited December 2011

Just be careful of the size of your tiered cake if you do cheesecake.  The bigger it is, the heavier it is and tends to lean...

We did a cheesecake bar in place of a traditional tiered cake.  We purchased several plain cheesecakes from Costco and bought a ton of different toppings for people to choose from.  it was pretty awesome.

• Options
    TMarieInOHTMarieInOH member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We also booked Jerry's Cheesecakes.

Lisa and Chris are both great.

My Fiance isnt really into sweets and I am kind of a dessert snob...I don't like icing or cake- it's just if I am going to eat something full of sugar and calories...I want it to be worth it! Jerry's Cheesecake is definttely worth it!

I will also admit their traditional cake is pretty dense and moist when we did our tasting.

Try their Raspberry swirl, chocolate swirl with chocolate crust and chocolate chocolate chip! The chocolate swirl reminds us of my MIL's cheesecake, which is FI's favorite dessert....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards