Wisconsin
Options

Amelishan Bridal - Review

Hi Everyone! This past weekend I went bridal and bm dress shopping and wanted to give some feedback in case anyone is thinking of going there!

Thoughts on Bridal shopping:
When I was making my appointment I got a lot of attitude about the size of the group I was bringing - which was 8. (all of my BMs wanted to come(plus we were shopping for their dresses immediately following my appointment), plus my mom, FMIL and grandma) They told me several times that due to space I would only have seating for 3 people and the rest would have to stand. Whatever - I communicated that and everyone still wanted to come. When we got there I met with my consultant - Sheryl - who was AWESOME! We went over pictures that I brought and she immediately pulled a number of dresses for me, and also let me roam through the store to pull ones I wanted to try on for myself. While I was doing that, she got chairs for everyone in the party, and there was plenty of space for everyone. I found the dress that I loved and it was awesome! Great experience.

Thoughts on BM shopping:
This wasn't as organized or as nice of an experience. A few of my BMs are in womens sizes and they had an extremely limited selection of dresses that they could actually try on in their size. My girls all had to share changing rooms, and the attendant wasn't very attentive. The whole thing felt pretty chaotic actually. In the end each of my girls found dresses they liked, but we decided to keep looking to try to find a store that had dresses they could all actually try on to get an idea of how it would actually fit. I will say the attendant was very nice, but she was kind of all over the place.
image 209 Invited
image 151 Yes
image 46 No

Daisypath Wedding tickers 

Re: Amelishan Bridal - Review

• Options
    I had a great experience when we went for my dress.  This weekend we are going for the BM's dresses.  Hopefully it goes smoother than yours.  I was told that the attendant for BM's appointments deals with 2 groups at a time.

I am not sure where you live, but I did go to a place in Watertown when I was looking for my dress and they had a wide selection of sizes in Alfred Angelo.  I had sent the woman there a list of 10 different dresses and she emailed me back with all of the sizes they had in the store.
  • Options
    What was the name of it? Was there a good variety of tea length dresses? I know I like Alfred Angelo's designs. The recommendation would be great!
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

• Options
    Sandra's Bridal.
    Eva's also has them, but we went there for BM dresses for a wedding I was in a few months ago and they really push you through and make you go quick.

Sandra's bridal was REALLY helpful with any questions I had also while I was looking.
  • Options
    Thank you!
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards