Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

If your dress is at Becky Fowler's....

Hey ladies!  I had an appointment at 10:00 this morning to pick up my dress at Becky's.  She answered the door and her eyes were blood shot red.  Her husband just passed away about an hour before I had arrived.  

There was a nurse (hospice maybe?) lady there to talk to me an explain that this sad situation had just happened.  Becky tried pulling it together to give me my dress (which I even told her I would come back) and broke down.  It was one of the saddest things I have ever seen in my life.

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up in case they are trying to contact/call her regarding their dresses.  She will obviously be going through a very difficult time the next few weeks.  Like many people have stated before, Becky is an AMAZING woman so any thoughts and prayers I am sure would be greatly appreciated.   

Re: If your dress is at Becky Fowler's....

• edited December 2011
    Oh, bless her heart.  I was wondering how her husband was doing.  Thank you for letting us know!
    Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    That's so terrible. She was the nicest person I worked with during my wedding planning process, and I did meet her husband when I picked up my dress (I had no idea anything was wrong, or maybe it wasn't -- that was many months ago). She has my T&Ps.
  • edited December 2011
    :-( She called me last night to postpone my appointment for 9 this morning because she hadn't got far enough on my dress and rescheduled for Tuesday.  :-( I wonder if I should call and ask if she needs more time?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Oh my, reading this just brought tears to my eyes and broke my heart.  I will definitely be keeping her in my thoughts.
  • angelsong21angelsong21 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have not met Becky yet but just all the wonderful things all of you have said about her, I feel terrible for her.  I think for those able to wait to pick up their dresses at a later date than originally scheduled that it might be nice to shoot her an e-mail or a phone call and let her know to take the time she needs.  I cannot even begin to imagine what that pain feels like when your spouse passes away.  T&Ps to Becky and their families.
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I am so sad to hear this!  She did such an amazing job on my dress and my mom's and she seriously is one of the sweetest people I have ever met.  She and her family are in my thoughts and prayers.
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh gosh, I wish there was something we could do.  This just breaks my heart.  I am going to send her a card.  Thank you so much for letting us know.

Would anyone be interested in sending flowers -- or maybe something along those lines?  I'd be happy to take care of it and include anyone's name that wanted to be on it and if you wanted to Paypal me a few bucks that would be fine but even if not, I'd be happy to include anyone and everyone.
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_dress-becky-fowlers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:59478831-216f-4edb-8991-c75e177f8841Post:6207b6f5-7c1e-46e9-bd60-82212df7fd91">Re: If your dress is at Becky Fowler's....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh gosh, I wish there was something we could do.  This just breaks my heart.  I am going to send her a card.  Thank you so much for letting us know. Would anyone be interested in sending flowers -- or maybe something along those lines?  I'd be happy to take care of it and include anyone's name that wanted to be on it and if you wanted to Paypal me a few bucks that would be fine but even if not, I'd be happy to include anyone and everyone.
    Posted by stephiehall[/QUOTE]

This is so sweet of you and I think it's a great idea.  I don't have a lot of money right now but I'd happily Paypal a few bucks to you.  I've talked to her a few times via e-mail but have not met her yet, so I doubt she'd even know who  I was if my name was on the card, but it would just feel nice to be able to do <em>something</em>. 

Last night I learned that a co-worker's friend's wife died yesterday.  She was just in her early 30s, they all went to TTU together, and the friend and his wife had two children together... I think the youngest one is barely two years old.  My heart just broke.  I don't know these people but I literally sat bawling at my computer for 30 minutes while reading peoples' comments on her profile page.  Now that I'm typing this out, I'm sure it sounds absolutely strange but it just made me think of how I would feel if I lost my FI.  I hope Becky is able to find some peace and comfort in family, friends, and faith right now. 
    edited December 2011
    My paypal is stephiehall@yahoo.com for anyone who wants to contribute.  I will send something to her on Monday.  I will send it from all of us brides and then send her a card separately with all our names written on it.
    **If I'm not friends with you on FB make sure you email me your real name*  :)
  • anglcakes7anglcakes7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just sent you an email :)
  • edited December 2011
    Oh no I was supposed to pick up my dress this morning and didn't make it. I hope she's doing ok. I will send you some money Stephanie.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Just sent you some money, Stephie.
    Anniversary

edited December 2011
    Stephiehall-- Also just sent you a PayPal payment along with an e-mail.
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much everyone!  I have enough already to get her something very nice.

I thought I would send a card separately with all our names.  Here is what it says:
    Front: 
    Our hearts
    Our thoughts
    Our sympathy
    Inside:
    May you feel the love that surrounds you today and the caring thoughts that are with you now.
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_dress-becky-fowlers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:59478831-216f-4edb-8991-c75e177f8841Post:cf2099f7-45b2-4ee5-b39a-8389842b53d9">Re: If your dress is at Becky Fowler's....</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Thanks so much everyone!  I have enough already to get her something very nice.</strong> I thought I would send a card separately with all our names.  Here is what it says: Front:  Our hearts Our thoughts Our sympathy Inside: May you feel the love that surrounds you today and the caring thoughts that are with you now.
    Posted by stephiehall[/QUOTE]

So I'm going to be cheesy here for a sec BUT...this makes my heart happy today.  I know there has been some drama going on behind the scenes the last few weeks, but I think this shows us that no matter what our different views are sometimes, the bottom line is that everyone has a great heart here.  I am thankful to know people who care so much for others, even if right now it's just over the internet (I swear I will come to a G2G soon!).  Thanks to everyone who contributed, whether financially or by lifting Becky and her family up in their T&Ps, and thank you Stephehall for coordinating everything and putting this together on our behalf.

ETA:  I think that card sounds nice.  Short and sweet.
  • anglcakes7anglcakes7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I completely agree that the card sounds great! 

I know I am not an avid poster here but I do lurk quite a bit.  I agree that it's so nice that everyone is coming together!  You ladies are very caring!
    edited December 2011
    Ok, I am going to wait until tomorrow just to give everyone a chance to see this but I will have the flowers delivered tomorrow and put the card in the mail.  It will be one of these two:
    http://www.ftd.com/the-ftd-spirited-grace-lily-bouquet-vase-included-prd/b28-4389/
    http://www.ftd.com/the-ftd-white-orchid-planter-prd/s11-4462/
  • winechic25winechic25 member
    edited December 2011
    Stephie ~ please count me in! I'll Email you my info!!
  • Jen6862Jen6862 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is so wonderful girls. I don't have access to a computer but I'll be seeing her Tuesday or Wednesday to pick up my dress for my wedding on Saturday. Postponed pickup from Monday because she said that's when the funeral is. She's such a sweet lady and this is so sad.
    edited December 2011

Ok, I cannot accept any more money!  We have enough for a big bouquet. Thank you to all who contributed and I will let everyone know when it is sent. 

• edited December 2011
    Thank you again for doing this, Stephie.  I know she will be touched by all the love she's receiving.
    Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    Oh no, I wish I'd seen this earlier!! My dress is with her now. Shes such a sweet and wonderful lady.  Breaks my heart to hear this. :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jsauer74jsauer74 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh my! I've been out of the loop all week since the wedding and then being sick...I love Becky so much and my heart breaks for her! Thanks for the update...I will have her in my prayers!
    Jen Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards