March 2012 Weddings
Options

Don't tempt me!

So I am planning on coming in for a half day of work tomorrow.  The attorney I work with (not the head boss) is asking why (mainly because I only get so many days off a year 1/2 days aren't usually counted against that but full days are) so now I don't want to come in.

Re: Don't tempt me!

• Options
    If I had PTO I would of taken off more time, that's for sure.
    I'd take it off, you deserve and you'll appreciate a bit of time to relax and not feel so rushed.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Oh just do it! Take it all off! :)
    You'll feel better and be able to relax more.
    Baby Boy will be making his way into our life EDD April 5, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options
    Do it!  I'm taking off the Thursday and Friday before our wedding and spending most of Thursday at the spa... just think how much more relaxed you'll be if you can sleep in tomorrow and do things at your own pace!
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I'll be the voice of reason, because I am totally working through Thursday the week of my wedding (well, I'll be "working" from home on Thursday aka leading my weekly conference calls and finishing wedding stuff)... but only because I had to in order to take off 9 work days for our 11 day HM.  We had a mandatory shut down in December that I wasn't expecting, so it wiped out 5 of my vacation days that I was planning on using for the HM. 

Either way, your wedding will be amazing.... if you work half a day, you could always go in an hour later than usual to give yourself a little extra sleep time!  Obviously, if you can afford to take the day off, I would totally recommend it but I know what it's like to not be able to do that!!
    Anniversary
  • Options
     Take it OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I work for a dentist, and it is just SO nice to be home! My wedding is Friday (yay) and I took off today, as well as tomorrow and also, of course Friday. Its just sooooooooooooooooooooo nice!!!!!!!

DO IT!

137image Invited to see us "Lucky in Love", at our wedding 3/9/12
    90 image Are ready to party
    47 image Are missing out
    0 image Haven't decided yet

RSVP Date 2/15 image
  • Options
    Take it off!!!! It's your wedding!!! Spoil yourself!!! :) but I'm doing the same thing to. I'll be working a half day on the Thursday before and then off the next week and a half :)
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I totally have the two days before my wedding off. I didn't want to end up with last minute stuff to do and be rushing around trying to get it all done. I agree with PP. If you can afford to take the day off, JUST DO IT!! 
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2012-weddings_dont-tempt-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:955e4823-0be1-44ef-9ee7-99a63794e103Discussion:ec0b4b98-0bdf-4f3f-9a4d-c015566c9444Post:1720d17d-e8d9-4c4b-b4be-45e414669646">Re: Don't tempt me!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'll be the voice of reason, because<strong> I am totally working through Thursday the week of my wedding (well, I'll be "working" from home on Thursday aka leading my weekly conference calls and finishing wedding stuff</strong>)... but only because I had to in order to take off 9 work days for our 11 day HM.  We had a mandatory shut down in December that I wasn't expecting, so it wiped out 5 of my vacation days that I was planning on using for the HM.  Either way, your wedding will be amazing.... if you work half a day, you could always go in an hour later than usual to give yourself a little extra sleep time!  Obviously, if you can afford to take the day off, I would totally recommend it but I know what it's like to not be able to do that!!
    Posted by cmac3504[/QUOTE]

I actually worked until the day before my wedding - with family in town - because I don't get PTO. I highly recommend taking at least thursday/friday off - you've got enough going on and work is going to be the least of your worries. If you can, I would. You'll only get married once and even if it isn't PTO, realistically it isn't worth the stress not to.

And I'm not sure what you meant by your last comment - because I do work for home, for a ligament business - and actually really do work - working from home isn't a joke, its a lot harder to work from home than to work in office. I'm sure it wasn't meant to sound mean, but it kind of came off that way.

Edit: I might also be pretty sensitive over the working from home topic since I hear that I don't "work" all the time from other people.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2012-weddings_dont-tempt-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:955e4823-0be1-44ef-9ee7-99a63794e103Discussion:ec0b4b98-0bdf-4f3f-9a4d-c015566c9444Post:40212f48-330b-4e76-84c3-60db828d8aca">Re: Don't tempt me!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Don't tempt me! : I actually worked until the day before my wedding - with family in town - because I don't get PTO. I highly recommend taking at least thursday/friday off - you've got enough going on and work is going to be the least of your worries. If you can, I would. You'll only get married once and even if it isn't PTO, realistically it isn't worth the stress not to. And I'm not sure what you meant by your last comment - because I do work for home, for a ligament business - and actually really do work - working from home isn't a joke, its a lot harder to work from home than to work in office. I'm sure it wasn't meant to sound mean, but it kind of came off that way. Edit:<strong> I might also be pretty sensitive over the working from home topic since I hear that I don't "work" all the time from other people.
    </strong>Posted by amh04[/QUOTE]

Sorry to say, but yes you are being a little sensitive :) I was specifically commenting on my plans of doing work and wedding prep at home 2 days before my wedding.. had nothing to do with what you do during the day when you're at home.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    So its official. I am taking off all day tomorrow!  Now I just have to get through today!!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2012-weddings_dont-tempt-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:955e4823-0be1-44ef-9ee7-99a63794e103Discussion:ec0b4b98-0bdf-4f3f-9a4d-c015566c9444Post:38785f84-1c20-4b4a-86d5-50aa63176b52">Re: Don't tempt me!</a>:
    [QUOTE]So its official. I am taking off all day tomorrow!  Now I just have to get through today!!
    Posted by mary1217[/QUOTE]

Yay! You deserve it.
  • Options
    amh04 - Let me know when Krissy posts your pics to their blog, I want to check them out. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards