Louisiana-New Orleans

Need hair/makeup suggestions

We need hair/makeup the day of the wedding to come to our hotel. Who do you recommend??  FYI, we are not interested in Get Polished.  Thanks!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker "In a perfect world every home has a dog and every dog has a loving home." www.animalrescueneworleans.org Photobucket

Re: Need hair/makeup suggestions

• I am using Katie Malone @ Pixie Cosmetics (on Magazine) for on-site makeup and using Jessica with Just Face It for hair.  Just Face It does hair and makeup both, I just had already booked my makeup by the time I found Jessica for hair.  Otherwise, based on pictures of her work and reviews here, I probably would have just stuck with Jessica to do both for the sake of simplicity.  However, I have had my makeup trial with Katie and she did a great job. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would try Two Sisters. They do both hair and make up AND they can come to your hotel
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I hired Ginger Dickey at Color Bar Salon to do my hair and Celeste from Make Me Up Nola to do our makeup.  They both did an amazing job. 

Here is Ginger's info: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ginger-Dickey-at-Color-Bar-Salon/247840165228642

Make Me Up Nola
    http://makemeupnola.com/

I actually did two other makeup trials that I didn't love, so I was happy with my decision to hire Celeste.  It's a little more expensive for the bride, but she doesn't charge a travel fee.  Her fees for bridesmaids are on par with everyone else.
  • KB used Jessica with Just Face IT....she does great makeup and hair....answers her phone promptly and is on time!!!!!
  • Two Sisters - Gina and Stephanie are amazing - super professional, they listen to what your ideas are and do a great job at very reasonable prices. Loved them!!!

:)
  • I am using the makeup lab. There are three artists there, Ashley, Kisha and Charlie. Check them out. They are amazing.
    themakeuplabartistry.com
  • I definitely recommend Just Face It! They were great and everyone loved them. One of my bridesmaids even checked after the wedding to see if they had a salon because she loved how they did her hair and she has really thick hair and most people don't know what to do with it.
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards