Outdoor Weddings

Spreading Petals Uniformly on Aisle - Flower Girls

Ok ladies,
So I was talking to a florist and she said flower girls rarely spread petals uniformly on the aisle (and that it's usually clumps of rose petals in places where the petals are dropped).  This makes sense.

Do you have any ideas for getting the petals spreaded uniformly across the aisle instead of in clumps?  I'd like for them to do it before I come down so the idea of having it doen beforehand by adults it kind of out. 

I have two flower girls and was thinking of having one pull a buggy while hte other pushes petals on the ground off the buggy but that is probably going to look ridiculous.  Any ideas?

Re: Spreading Petals Uniformly on Aisle - Flower Girls

• I really think this is micro-managing and something that only you will care about. Other than telling the girls to try to get it even, just leave it alone. I'm going to have them spread before the ceremony by the DOC or someone.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Um, there is no way to do this.  Don't worry about it.  Seriously!  Everyone will think that whatever your flowers girls do is adorable. 

Someone told our flower girl to make sure that she used all of the petals.  When she got to the end of the aisle she had a bunch left, so she dumped all of the petals out.  And I swear that our marriage is still valid.    
  • I'm not having a flower girl, but since my wedding is outdoors, I still want flower petals. I plan to line the aisle ahead of time like this:

If I did have a flower girl, I would still line the aisle like this and probably just have the girls carry pomanders down the aisle. GL!
  • [QUOTE]I have two flower girls and was thinking of having one pull a buggy while hte other pushes petals on the ground off the buggy but that is probably going to look ridiculous. [/QUOTE]

How old are they?  This could actually be an accident waiting to happen.  I think you're better off just letting them walk.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Ladies,

Clearly, almost all of you missed the question.  The question was how I could uniformly get flowers onto the aisle.  It doesn't have to be by the hand of the flower girl, hence the crazy suggestion about the wagon.  There are ways of doing it as it is done.  The question is not an attempt to manage the flower girls, rather, and quite simply, the question is how to uniformly spread petals over the aisle.

By the laws of physics, it is not done from the hands of flower girls, that much is clear.  I was asking if you had any creative ideas besides the obvious use of the hands of flower girls.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_spreading-petals-uniformly-aisle-flower-girls?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:666Discussion:7a14275a-2563-41e9-88ed-a126165a9e41Post:f2f03e6e-013b-4b31-be1c-3d9e26078485">Re: Spreading Petals Uniformly on Aisle - Flower Girls</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ladies, Clearly, almost all of you missed the question.  The question was how I could uniformly get flowers onto the aisle.  It doesn't have to be by the hand of the flower girl, hence the crazy suggestion about the wagon.  There are ways of doing it as it is done.  The question is not an attempt to manage the flower girls, rather, and quite simply, the question is how to uniformly spread petals over the aisle. By the laws of physics, it is not done from the hands of flower girls, that much is clear.  I was asking if you had any creative ideas besides the obvious use of the hands of flower girls.
    Posted by Deidra123[/QUOTE]

Then have an adult do it while they're setting up for the ceremony.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_spreading-petals-uniformly-aisle-flower-girls?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:666Discussion:7a14275a-2563-41e9-88ed-a126165a9e41Post:aa20d6fb-8a66-456c-97f3-a1ca041eee83">Re: Spreading Petals Uniformly on Aisle - Flower Girls</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Spreading Petals Uniformly on Aisle - Flower Girls : Then have an adult do it while they're setting up for the ceremony.
    Posted by apple_green[/QUOTE]
    ditto this. not difficult. a family member or friend, the florist, the coordinator, whoever.

Glenna Harding Photography
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_spreading-petals-uniformly-aisle-flower-girls?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:666Discussion:7a14275a-2563-41e9-88ed-a126165a9e41Post:fdf1cfa5-867f-4399-9a26-bfe4757d83ce">Re: Spreading Petals Uniformly on Aisle - Flower Girls</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not having a flower girl, but since my wedding is outdoors, I still want flower petals. I plan to line the aisle ahead of time like this: If I did have a flower girl, I would still line the aisle like this and probably just have the girls carry pomanders down the aisle. GL!
    Posted by FutureMrsDudley55[/QUOTE]
    Oh I like this idea! Maybe that would work better for you?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_spreading-petals-uniformly-aisle-flower-girls?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:666Discussion:7a14275a-2563-41e9-88ed-a126165a9e41Post:300bebcb-3377-4a4d-ab1a-e05b8b9193b2">Spreading Petals Uniformly on Aisle - Flower Girls</a>:
    [QUOTE] I'd like for them to do it before I come down so the idea of having it doen beforehand by adults it kind of out. 
    Posted by Deidra123[/QUOTE]

Your 2nd post conflicts with this statement.  Who is going to spread the petals if it is not done by adults beforehand or by flower girls before you come down the aisle?  
  • What are your colors?  Maybe have the florist or an adult heavily and evenly dispurse petals of one color before and the girls drop petals of another color.
    2 of us- a bunch of you! Celebrating the whole night through!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards