Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Breakout with 9 days to go...yuck.

I have pretty sensitive skin and a fair complexion.  I'm doing my own makeup for the wedding.  So anyway...9 days to go and my face decides to erupt...FI says it's not that bad, but I feel like I look like a pizza.  Anyone have ideas on how to clear it up fast?  I've been sticking to my usual regimine of Simple facial wash, alcohol free toner and recently added Neutrogina rapid clear but it's not helping.

Re: Breakout with 9 days to go...yuck.

• tiny specktiny speck member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2013
    Drink lots of water and cut out as much sugar from your diet as you can.

ETA: At this point I don't really think there's much else you can do, especially if you have sensitive skin... you don't want to be trying new products.
  • lizybefflizybeff member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2013
    Go to a dermatologist ASAP.  I have very acne prone skin, so my dermatologist told me to make an appointment three days before the wedding.  She can inject any acne with cortisone and it will essentially go away in a day.
  • I am by no means a vegan but I eat vegan about a week every month to maintain my weight. that week my skin is always the clearest, so i'd stick to vegetables and nothing fried, starched or complex-carbs.

• I just posted this answer for someone else.  Khiels has a really amazing pimple treatment called Blue Herbal Spot Treatment.  If you dab it on each blemish you will be amazed how quickly they disappear!  I've had some vanish overnight!!!  Good luck!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_breakout-with-9-days-to-goyuck?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:358Discussion:f313ffc2-3bce-490d-b7bb-ae1543b822f8Post:8001c517-23a8-4d53-9417-9a0d9ffe74a9">Re: Breakout with 9 days to go...yuck.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Drink lots of water and cut out as much sugar from your diet as you can. ETA: At this point I don't really think there's much else you can do, especially if you have sensitive skin... you don't want to be trying new products.
    Posted by tiny speck[/QUOTE]

I agree with the cutting out sugar (in addition to pastries etc cut out bread, rice, pasta, cereal--carbs) and obviously water is always good.  Another thing I've been following is drink a warm cup of water with a 1/4 lemon squeezed in it--google it--it is supposed to detox the liver so it doesnt come out through your skin.  I feel it helps. Also, take a zinc supplement (no more than about 60 mg a day including the zinc in any multivitamin you might take).  Zinc is supposed to act like an antibiotic almost.  Don't try new products now if you dont have to--your skin might react. Last, try not to stress--easier said than done I know.  I feel your pain though as I suffer from frequent hormonal breakouts! Focus on your positives, good luck!
  • Thanks ladies!  It's already started to go away...no new eruptions for a few days!  I've been sticking to a clean diet and lots of fluids, so that seems to help.  I also quit wearing makeup to give my skin some time to breathe...I use bare minerals, so it doesn't usually cause a problem, but I figured better safe than sorry!!  5 more days!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards