Maryland
Options

Venue help

Hello all! I am newly engaged and am beginning to think of booking a venue. Would those who read this tell me the price of the venue you are thinking of using or prices you have seen? I am trying to see what a reasonable price is for wedding venues.
Thanks so much!

Re: Venue help

• Options
    It very much depends on if you're looking for an all inclusive type venue or not. If you are looking at venues without catering, I've seen anywhere from $500 to $5000 just for space rental. I think of the runs I came across they were mostly in the $2500 range. Mine is $700 and many parks are on that inexpensive end. Once you phase into the venues that are solely wedding venues (mansions, swan harbor farm) you tend to see the higher rentals. Honestly swan harbor might be more than $5000 these days. This is a good option sometimes because you can save money if you find the right caterer. For the all included venues, I didn't look into it too much but I think that for food, beverages (not sure about alcohol), basically most of the reception you can go from as low as maybe $60 per person (Geneva farm golf club) to very very high lol. I inquired at some popular waterfront venues and they run more like $120 per person, which i think is normal for the average american wedding. And there are plenty of places far more than that. Keep in mind these lower values I'm giving you are more for rustic or budget sort of venues, if your taste is pricier, your going to pay more.
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    I'm getting married at paddock feild in Elkton MD then the reception at the Tea Barn, Paddock feild was $150, and the tea barn was $400. Very very affordable and you can decorate any way you'd like, which is nice. Most places have restrictions.
  • Options
    Love the tea barn, to OP, this is one of the park type venues that is insanely inexpensive since its a state park in Cecil county
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards