Canada-Ontario

Canada Post

Hi ladies,

Can any of you clarify that the strinke in Toronto means that delivery schedule is only 3 days a week instead of the regular 5?

Or there is no mail and package delivery at all.

I ordered a whole bunch of stuff for my wedding in Aug 6th in the beggining of June so now I'm freaked out its not going to get to me on time.

Thanks

Re: Canada Post

• ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As of yesterday, they completely locked out the unionized employees which includes urban delivery workers and workers at sorting facilities.

So there is no sorting, and therefore nothing to deliver.

The government is working on back to work legislation which could come into effect next week.

Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • mattycammattycam member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hope it gets settled soon! I wasn't even thinking of those that have to mail out invites or who are expecting wedding related shipments until now.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi,

Thanks for the info. I wasn't sure what's happening. I was reading different things. I'm not worried about my rsvps as I malied out my invites earlier. I can always contact my guests before the deadline.

Is it better to go through UPS or other package delivery system.  
  • StephieBowStephieBow member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Looks like the governement is going to legislate them back on Monday if they don't reach a settlement before then.  It will probably take a week or so to get back to normal after that.
    Anniversary image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

• CanRusCanRus member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In the same boat. Wedding in July, will have to phone half of my guests to find out if they are coming or not.

Also ordered some things for the wedding and the strike begun. I just hope that things don't get lost once they go back to work and i will get everything i ordered.

As if we don't get enough stress with the whole wedding planning, they decide to add a bit more 'fun' into our planning process. :)
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There's a distribution centre at the end of my street - all over it says "locked out" and there are tons of employees outside just hanging about!
  • edited December 2011
    I think canada post made the lockout decision in order to force the government to act and end the rolling strikes.  Nobody gave a crap when service just went out at one location for 24 hours.
    Anniversary

imageimage
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-toronto_canada-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:613Discussion:a1e5d2f9-382c-4bdb-80f4-ba28cce9f4c3Post:e0163fe5-262b-4d81-ab56-761094fb64f3">Re: Canada Post</a>:
    [QUOTE]In the same boat. Wedding in July, will have to phone half of my guests to find out if they are coming or not. Also ordered some things for the wedding and the strike begun. I just hope that things don't get lost once they go back to work and i will get everything i ordered. As if we don't get enough stress with the whole wedding planning, they decide to add a bit more 'fun' into our planning process. :)
    Posted by CanRus[/QUOTE]

<div>Yeah I know...Seriously now I have to worry about a couple of packages coming from the states that was shipped last week. </div><div>
    </div><div>I have other stuff that will be on the way too but seriously considering to get them shipped through UPS but for more money....so frustrating...It will be cheaper for me to add a bit of money to that rather not get my stuff at all and start looking for other items.</div><div>
    </div><div>I ordered pew bows, purse and guest book from etsy but they were shipped last week so I'm at a lost what to do. The other stuff I ordered will be shipped this week...but probably go through UPS...arghhh!</div>
  • edited December 2011
    I wouldn't worry about anything being lost. But I would like to get my money back on my stamps! My friends and family have been scanning and emailing their RSVPs -which makes me laugh because my mom thought online rsvps were "outrageous"
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-toronto_canada-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:613Discussion:a1e5d2f9-382c-4bdb-80f4-ba28cce9f4c3Post:f9d92507-1479-4b4c-8d08-ee8393de507f">Re: Canada Post</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wouldn't worry about anything being lost. But I would like to get my money back on my stamps! My friends and family have been scanning and emailing their RSVPs -which makes me laugh because my mom thought online rsvps were "outrageous"
    Posted by Car&Ry[/QUOTE]

Yeah I will have to wait next week and see what happens. My RSVP are not due back until July 1 so I'm hoping the strike will end by then. Some people just handed me their rsvps back with the envelope so I will be reusing the stamps for the thank you card.
  • CanRusCanRus member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok, what's happening with Canada Post? I was hoping they would go back to work on Monday but doesn't look like that happened.

I'm starting to freak out. :(
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah I know, hopefully it will get resolved this week. I have packages sitting at the post office..
  • StephieBowStephieBow member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Fingers crossed, they are legislated back tomorrow and then all postal outlets are back open by Monday.

I have wedding invitations to send out! bah!
    Anniversary image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

• edited December 2011
    Just so you know - as the daughter of a Postie - they don't want to be locked out.  They want this settled as much as anyone else, especially since no one is getting paid while theyre locked out. 

It does suck though - I ordered FI's wedding band, and it's sitting at a DHL depot in Mississauga somewhere, and I can't even call them and find out whats up, because there isn't a phone number (DHL won't deliver while Canada Post is on strike/locked out)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 62 Made the cut!
    image 58 Are ready to fly with us image 4 Are missing out! image As of August 14th, everyone has finally made up their minds!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Ladies--I'm a reporter with CBC looking to interview a bride in Toronto about how the Canada Post lockout has snarled wedding planning--be it invitations, RSVPs, favours...anything! Please send me a note at genevieve.tomney@cbc.ca if you want to vent--on television!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards