Missouri-Kansas City

Reception venues that waive room rental fee

So I've decided that the best use of our (somewhat limited) wedding funds is to find a reception venue that waives the room rental fee if you use their caterer.  Has anyone come across something like this in their research?

Thanks!

-Kellie

Re: Reception venues that waive room rental fee

• I don't know of any off hand, but I am not sure that is the best/cheapest option. I know a lot of golf/country clubs have inexpensive room fees (like 500) but require their caterer. AND you can't get anything good for under $25 a head. Some are even $30-40+ a head, NOT including alcohol. Sometimes it's cheaper to spend the extra 500-1000 in room fees and bring in your own caterer.

But if that is what you want to do, look at golf clubs and such. There's a bunch in the area from North KC to South Johnson County.
  • Most hotels that I looked at in KC had no rental fee they just had the food and drink minimum in order to rent the room. I researched hotels all over KC and found a lot with reasonable prices. Of course the day of the week your wedding is on will help with the price and you can sometimes negotiate with the venues for a lower price.  I was able to get the price down a bit at one of the venues I spoke with originally. 
  • kellieinkckellieinkc member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2012
    See, every single hotel I've looked at is at least $1000 to rent, not including catering.  Which hotels have you looked at that have a food and drink minimum?
  • I too haven't come accross anything like this oustside of restaurants and hotels, where they have a f&b minimum and they may raise that minimum in the event they waive the room rental fee.  But it's worth looking into if you have the time to negotiate.  Good luck!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-kansas-city_reception-venues-waive-room-rental-fee?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:82Discussion:94585ab7-cb7b-4bda-b33d-3c6a585f4af2Post:8ca53fa8-ab7d-44d9-917e-88f727fa5d6b">Re: Reception venues that waive room rental fee</a>:
    [QUOTE]See, every single hotel I've looked at is at least $1000 to rent, not including catering.  Which hotels have you looked at that have a food and drink minimum?
    Posted by kellieinkc[/QUOTE]

<div>I used this list. I contacted a lot of hotels but I know I got most of the names from this list on the kcweddings website.  It tells you which ones have a food and drink minimum and when I contacted them none told me that had a rental fee as well. </div><div><a href="http://www.kcweddings.com/reception_sites/" rel="nofollow">http://www.kcweddings.com/reception_sites/</a> (sorry I don't know how to make it a clicky)</div><div>
    </div><div>I'm getting married at the Sheraton in Overland Park. They did charge a rental fee of $1,000 if I wanted to use one room for my ceremony.  I ended up deciding to use the reception space for the ceremony also and just have them flip the room during cocktail hour. The cost for the flip is like 300 bucks which is a huge savings over a $1,000 in my mind.  So the only fee I have with them is my food and drink minimum. </div>
  • Adam's Point Golf Club in Blue Springs does that. 
  • jumercesjumerces member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-kansas-city_reception-venues-waive-room-rental-fee?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:82Discussion:94585ab7-cb7b-4bda-b33d-3c6a585f4af2Post:d178af81-9549-43d6-878c-e4304ada0ed8">Reception venues that waive room rental fee</a>:
    [QUOTE]So I've decided that the best use of our (somewhat limited) wedding funds is to find a reception venue that waives the room rental fee if you use their caterer.  Has anyone come across something like this in their research? Thanks! -Kellie
    Posted by kellieinkc[/QUOTE]

I don't know how many ppl you are inviting, but I'm deciding between two places and both just charged the minimum. Check the 2000 Grand and Tiffany Greens
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards