Missouri-Kansas City

Hy-Vee Floral Input

I posted this on the flower board, but I thought I would post it on here too- you ladies always give such wonderful input! :)

Anybody that used Hy-Vee floral care to share how much they spent and what all they got? Im meeting with them next weekend and have no idea what to expect!! = ) Obvioiusly the prices are going to be different with different flowers... I want to use mainly Gerber Daisies, but any input would be greatly suggested so I can kida get an idea!!

Thanks Ladies!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Hy-Vee Floral Input

• kissamarykissamary member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For my mom's second wedding she got her flowers done at Hy-Vee.  They were very pretty, but not what she wanted at all.  She said no baby's breath, but it was everywhere!  She wanted stephanotis but she didn't get any.  She also paid for all roses, but got half carnations.  She did get a lot of money back, and I honestly don't think this work was a reflection of Hy-Vee in general.  You just need to  make sure you outline exactly what you want and maybe do a mock up to ensure they get it!
  • wilburncwilburnc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am going with Hy-Vee floral for my wedding in June.  I am using the one at 119th and Ridgeview in Olathe.  I obviously haven't had my wedding yet, so I can't say exactly, but I've been very happy so far. 

My mom and I sat down with the florist and discussed exactly what we wanted for my bouquet, bridesmaids bouquets, corsages for moms, grandmothers, and some others, and boutineers (sp?).  She gave me a cost break down for everything and told me exactly how many of everything is going to be in the bouquets and boutineers.  I have been very happy so far. 

Right now I am getting my bouquet (3 blue hydrangeas bunches, 12 cream roses, 6 green hypericum berries, and white stephanotis with pearl pins in the center), 4 bridesmaids bouquets ( 2 hydrangea bunches, 6 cream roses, 3 green hypericum berries), Grooms boutineer (Cream rose, blue delphinium, white stephanotis), 4 groomsmen bouts (cream rose & blue delph), 2 fathers bouts (same as groomsmen), 2 grandfather bouts, 1 ring bearer bout, 2 mothers corsages (2 cream roses, hyp berry, and blue delphinium), 3 grandmothers corsages (1 cream rose, hyp berry and blue delph), Toss bouquet, 2 candle lighter corsages, and a large altar arrangement (Bells of Ireland, blue delph, roses, star gazer lilies, and some other greenery).  I think that is everything.  I'm not looking at the sheet right now.  We discussed everything and exactly how much for everything and exactly what would be in the arrangements.  I believe everything I got was around $950 with tax included.  I was very happy with that price.

Hopefully that will help you out.  I've seen arrangements done by the florists there at this specific Hy-Vee and was happy with what I saw.  It does vary by location though.  I talked with another Hy-Vee as well and their prices were more $$ for the same thing and without the altar arrangement if I remember that right.

Hope that helps you, good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    So, i actually visited a Hyvee last week.  I too am using gerber daisies.  From the things i wrote down.  They had some nice boutonnieres made of out bronze daisy pompons for only $4.  Their gerber daisy bouquets were something like $50.  I'm gonna look around a little more.  Though Hyvee is so convient. 
  • edited December 2011

I am using hy-vee out in NKC for my wedding in august.  I am doing a lot of spray roses- the 5 BMs will have spray rose bouquets in ascending pinks as they walk down the isle.  Mine is the same but white roses with a hint of pinks in it.  The BMs have pink and black satin wrapping around the stems and mine will have white.  The groom has a white boutineer to match my bouquet and the GM all have a pink (and i think a white also) spray rose boutineer (I dont have the sheet in front of me with the details).  The RB will match the groom exactly, and the flower girls will have rose petals for their baskets.  The moms and dads have corsages and boutineers, and I think I also included the grandparents in that too.  Basically, everyone is having either pink or white or both spray roses for the most part.  So, with two ushers, 5 GM, 5 BMs, 2 FGs, and 1 RB, my mom, dad, stepdad, grooms mom and dad, and 4 grandmas and 2 grandpas, our total was right at about $500- i was very happy.  I do not have flowers in my ceremony or my reception as of right now.  hope that helps!

• edited December 2011
    I am using Hy-Vee for my flowers too; we are using roses, spray roses for the corsages and some hydrangeas in my bouquet.  For my bouquet, a toss bouquet, 3 BM bouquets, 2 corsages, 10 boutennieres and 2 small ceremony pieces our total was $365.
    My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • tsargentjtsargentj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for your feedback ladies! Definitely helps out A LOT!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards