March 2014 Weddings
Options

New Here

Hi there, just though I'd introduce myself here. We are getting married March 22, 2014 in Mesa, AZ. We have been engaged since November 2012 and originally wanted to get married in November this year, but we kind of slacked on the planning and when we started looking at venues we learned that everything pretty much books up a year in advance for the prime months, which in Phoenix are October/November and March/April. So, we switched from a fall wedding to a spring wedding, and I actually think it will be so much better! The flowers are all blooming and what trees we do have are all nice and green right now.

I'm so excited now we have started planning and everything feels "real". So far we have booked our venue, caterer/bartender, DJ, and photographer. I also have my dress, since I found *the one* when I went with my mom "just to look." Now that we have most of the big stuff out of the way, I'm excited to work on all the DIY projects my mom and I are going to do.

Some days I feel like, "oh my gosh we still have a YEAR to wait!" and other days I'm like, "how am I going to do all of this is just a year?" lol. How much planning have you ladies got done?

Re: New Here

• Options
    silver0319silver0319 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited March 2013
    Welcome and congrats! A friend of mine got married in March in Gilbert a few years ago; the weather was perfect. If AZ had awesome weather like March/April and October/November all year long, I'd move tomorrow! I've booked my venue (ceremony, reception, caterer, bar), dj, photographer, photobooth, and have met with an officient and florist. We'll probably book our officient on the next month or so, and save the rest of the floral stuff until the summer. We also ordered our STDs and addressed them. We have a lot of OOT guests, but won't send them out for another month or two.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Yeah, the weather is awesome most of the time, but the summer's are just too hot! I'm so glad we ended up going with March instead. Wow, you've gotten a lot done! I'm researching officiants now and we hope to book one soon. We aren't really having flowers, so no need for a florist. We have our engagement pictures on April 7th, so we will be ordering our save the dates after we get the pictures back. We also have a lot of OOT guests, so we want to get those mailed out in a few months. Happy planning!
  • Options
    I've been engaged since Nov 2011; I've had LOTS of time to plan.  I'm a teacher and am in grad school, so wedding planning is a great way to procrastinate!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Welcome and congratulations!

What we've done so far:

I designed my own dress and found a seamstress to make it in my budget (that was a LOT of work, not the designing, the researching)

florist (who is also doing candles, lanterns, twinkle lights)

catering company (who is also doing linens, cake, and bar/drinks)

venue (for ceremony & reception)

bridal shoes (selected, not bought)

wedding make-up

'51 Bentley (classic car) rental

officiant

hammered dulcimer & violin players for ceremony and cocktail hour

photographers (team of two)

menu designed, including signature cocktails

color scheme, including female attendant dresses selected, linens and florals to coordinate

stationary designed, wording completed (draft version)

schedule designed for day of/ photographers must-have and photo plans

half-done with ipod playlist for reception (draft stage)

wedding hair designed but not sure if I will do a stylist here where I live in Washington D.C. or one in Baltimore where the ceremony is

Men's attire TBA

Just got delivered today the engravable wedding picture frame/guest book

My dad is a woodworker by hobby and is making our card box

Website done

hotel block done

Rehearsal dinner being done by my fiance's family

veil not sure yet, picked out a few, we'll see about budget

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards