Louisiana-New Orleans

Photographers

Hi guys! We are getting married next April in New Orleans, and I am working on nailing down a photographer. My mom is having a hard time justifying a price (we are looking at 2 right now - one is about $2900 with an assistant and a proof book, the other is quoting $3600+ with an assistant and 2 glossy coffee table books). We are probably needing about 8 hours of coverage.

Does anyone know a good quality photographer in the area that might run a little bit cheaper? Basically, I'm trying to see if this is even possible. Good photography is important to me, but I'd like to appease my mother if possible.

Thanks!

Re: Photographers

• edited December 2011
    We used Matt Foster and absolutely loved him. We also looked into Eau Photo and Sam Gregory. I think they were all around $2,000.
  • edited December 2011
    Have you checked out Photography by Louis?  http://www.photobylouis.com/8-)/index.cfm They were originally recommended to us by a photographer-friend, and we wound up booking him.  We were definitely pleased with his prices.  He's done a few friends' weddings--seems like a really nice guy.  Might be something looking into!!  :)  Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • wmh6wmh6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Dark Roux Photography for our June 4th wedding.  They are a husband and wife team with affordable prices.  We absolutely loved our engagement photos and had so much fun with them during our session.  You should check them out!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    we are also  using Dark Roux and definately recommend them, but our wedding is next April 21st and i know they are super busy in April but its worth a Shot! Also some friends of ours are booking Belle Amour and there work looks beautiful, just some suggestions!
  • burnsie36burnsie36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My photographer is Brenda Sison.  She is awesome and very reasonable.  She also has a package where you can get a flush mount album.  Also a second photographer.  What I liked about her is that she doesnt have a time limited.  She is there from the time you tell her to start until you leave your reception.  You should definitely check her out.  brendasisonphotography.com

• Kate504Kate504 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Micheal Caswell I was in a wedding that used them

We are using Stacy Marks, but his pricing is about the same.
    BFP #1 6/18/2012 // EDD 2/28/2013 // Birthdate 2/7/2013

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• amyj54amyj54 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married last month and we used Babs Evangelista.  She was absolutely wonderful!  She has such a great personality and super creative.  I was leery about finding a photog as I planned everything from California.  If you book Babs you will be carefree, I promise!  I was on a tight budget as well and she created a package that worked PERFECTLY and then some.  I can't say enough good things about her - she and the pictures she took truly made our wedding day special!  
  • KtinagrlKtinagrl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    try www.madtightphotography.com

husband/wife team so two for the price of one!

more photos on blog http://madtightphotography.blogspot.com/
  • edited December 2011
    Matthew Foster! I paid about $2300 for 8 hours, 4x6 proofs of all the pictures (we ended up with about 800) and he was great. Albums cost extra but he has a lot of options! You're welcome to look at our pictures, the website is 

and the password is "cassidy"
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards