June 2013 Weddings

Venue & Dress Update...

For some reason my computer is not letting me post replies to my threads, so here's the update on the venue (original thread):

You guys were SO right about venues booking up early... the venue fianlly called me back and, sure enough, June 8th is booked. Wonderful. They have June 22nd open so they're giving us a courtesy hold until Wednesday to put down a deposit. I'm still upset though... they were supposed to call us if anyone inquired about the date, AND they told us they book weddings 1 year out. Oh, and apparently we have to pay extra for dressing rooms! Just renting the venue for just the ceremony is $3500... they can't include the dressing rooms in that?? We were also originally told we would have the venue all day for getting ready, pictures, etc... now they're saying we have 4 hours tops. =/

And about my too-small dress (original thread), I took a picture to show you what I mean:

Uggghhh I'm so sad... maybe more fabric can be added underneath the corset?? The thing is, it's too big around my hips and butt, and also too big around my bustline... apparently my ribs are abnormally wide for a size 6! I plan on working out quite a bit before the wedding day, but I'm scared that there isn't any fat around my ribs to lose! Here's the bust:

They can't replace the dress, they can only alter it. =(
{June 2013} Venue

Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Venue & Dress Update...

• I'm so sorry that you're having to go through all of this... I hope things get  better for you soon. Wedding planning is stressful! No one said it would be easy, but they did say it would be worth it! Wink
    June 2013~Venue
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I believe you should be able to get a wider fabric to go under the corset, my friend had on one size and then needed a larger size to fit properly.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'd suggest waiting on any alterations until you reach your goal weight..though to be honest, you don't look like you have anything to lose!!! :)

As for the venue, if it were me and my venue didn't follow through on what they said it would (i.e. letting you know your date was in jeopardy)...I'd start looking for another one, they don't sound so great to work with if they can't even manage something so simple.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh geesh, sorry you have to deal with this!   Your dress is lovely, I hope you can find a good seamstress to figure out how to fix it!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Do not worry about your dress!! That is so easily fixed.  My sister had the same problem with her dress and they just added more fabric under the corset.  It is a very common problem!  But I agree wait to get it altered and it is very pretty.  So put a smile on that face becuase like I said easy problem easy solution :D

Sorry about the venue!  Its pretty lame that they did that to you. 
  • The dress seems like a pretty easy fix with the right alterations done. As for the venue. I think i would start looking for something different. It sounds to me like they really dropped the ball on this one and misrepresented themselves. I would wonder what else they would mess up on. I'm hoping this does not happen to me. We are going on March 31st to tour the venue we want and hopefully book that day. I'm praying they don't give away our date we were told they won't book until 14 months out which would be April.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I would be absolutely furious at your venue. If I was paying that much money just for the ceremony, those people better make sure everything runs smoothly and that I got the date I wanted.

Is this the only venue you visited? I went to 3, the one I thought would be my dream venue, ended up being the one that I hated the most, while I visited I felt like the coordinator cared less about my wedding. She was texting while we were on our tour and really wouldnt answer my questions directly. The one I went to to appease my parents and FI is the one I ended up booking. I just felt a direct connection to the space and the coordinator. Throughout the wedding planning process, I think you owe it to yourself to make sure every vendor is a good fit for you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • ashlidieashlidie member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited March 2012
    I want to mimic what others are saying, Please thing long and hard about this venue.  It is THE main part of your wedding and you don't want that left in the hands of people who clearly do not have your happiness as a priority.  

If you are certain, I guess don't waste time but just be open to other ideas.  You don't want them to ruin your day, no matter how pretty the venue is there is more to it.

Edit: not THE main part since that is your ceremony, I meant to say the main part of your reception.
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Everybody has hit the nail on the head here. This venue has already been terrible to you, and you haven't even booked with them yet. What else are they going to forget or mess up? Maybe look into alternatives in the area. I was dead set on a venue until this weekend and have finally realized it's not the best option for us (thanks to some pushing from my parents). Keep your mind open to all your options. I would hate for your day to be messed up because of these people.
    June 2013 May Challenge: The Dress
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • bananas1309bananas1309 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    The reason we loved the venue so much is because when we toured it last summer, the two event planner girls were SO wonderful and accommodating. The person I talked to yesterday was someone different and all she kept talking about was these extra costs that we knew nothing about... I'm meeting with her tomorrow morning and I'm going to ask why there are suddenly extra charges we weren't told about originally, and why nobody called us about June 8th... We will see what happens. I'm relieved that you guys think my dress is a easy fix! I'm not doing alterations until next year, so I just wanted to make sure I didn't need to do something about it now.
    {June 2013} Venue

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Aw, sorry you're dealing with all of that. The dress looks like it fits really well, so I would just see about getting a wider panel underneath the lacing. It is absolutely gorgeous, from what I can see in the pictures you posted.

And as far as your venue goes, the other ladies are right. If they have already changed things around on you from the first time you met with them, how much else will they surprise you with over the next 15 months? Did they give a reason as to why you're dealing with a new coordinator all of a sudden?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards