Not Engaged Yet

Sat. Chat

Today is my first day off in over a week, which is great, but I'm not feeling too well and H is out of town, so I've spent most of the day on the couch watching Keeping Up with the Kardashians...  yeah...

How was everyone else's day?

Re: Sat. Chat

• audrewuhaudrewuh member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited July 2012
    Hi Elle! Today is my first day on NEY in over a week. I've been so freaking busy. I'm supposed to take off Wednesday and I get a flex day off, as well as Friday and Saturday, buy I highly doubt i'll take more than one day off this week unless FI and I go out of town. I'm watching the rum diaries right now I finally moved everything put of my old apartment today, so that was good to get off my chest. I do miss the old place a lot. :/ I have to keep reminding myself that the roaches will go away and I have a guest room now.
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_sat-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7bf001f1-6a7b-486b-b194-1ab3201d727ePost:054318f4-d0cb-460f-885a-b2569cf21995">Re:Sat. Chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi Elle! Today is my first day on NEY in over a week. I've been so freaking busy. I'm supposed to take off Wednesday and I get a flex day off, as well as Friday and Saturday, buy I highly doubt i'll take more than one day off this week unless FI and I go out of town. I'm watching the rum diaries right now I finally moved everything put of my old apartment today, so that was good to get off my chest. I do miss the old place a lot. :/ <strong>I have to keep reminding myself that the roaches will go away and I have a guest room now.</strong>
    Posted by audrewuh[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Update on the bug problem?  What did the leasing office have to say for themselves?

</div>
  • They swore up and down to take immediate action. I got it in writing. They were supposed to come and bomb the place Monday, but apparently didn't come by until Tuesday and didn't call to let FI know, so the pets were still in the apartment and nothing was packed. FI had to prep the apartment and bomb it himself. NBD, buy that's not his job. Anyways, FI bombed it twice while I was gone, we've gone through two cans of raid, and the exterminator was supposed to come yesterday. I have no proof that he did or didn't. I was told by management on Saturday of last week that it would be seen to at the beginning of the week. They aren't as prevalent, but its like the ones I do see are bigger. FI is so freaking happy to be here though that even if we do het a chance to break our lease, he'll be heart broken if we actually leave. The place is nice inside, but outside is a little janky.

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • Ugh.  I would be livid about the bugs.  I'm glad your FI is happy there, though.

What about the animals?  Are they liking the new place?
  • The animals are enjoying having lots of places to run a hide and explore, so they're super happy. Things aren't fully unpacked, so they still get lost in the closet and stuff. What's H up to this weekend?

• He's out of town.  :(  His parents bought some land on Toledo Bend, so he went up there to play on the lake for a few days.  I was invited to go, but I've been working nonstop (literally everyday) since we got back from our HM, so I didn't want to rush right back out of town with my first day off.  I was tired and wanted to re-set and just be home for a while.

Now I'm regretting it.

FYI - I think I'm going to be in Houston on Aug. 3.  I'm not sure how many days I'll be there (depends on work) in total, but we should try to get together if you're going to be around.
  • I saw your post earlier about him being out of town. Don't regret it, enjoy the silence. : silence is best paired with wine and cheese. Speaking of wine, I could use an adult beverage. I'm still covered in paint from earlier today. August 3 I have a make up trip with the younger kids, but i'll be free by 4 that Saturday afternoon. I would love to get together again. I was thinking today just how much I miss you, buggle, shoes, tiger, liv, and every other girl that went to the gtg.

• So...  drinks at the Den on August 3 sometime in the evening?  Then maybe we can go see a movie... you know, recreate our first date?  Maybe try to steal some douchebag's saved seat?

I am enjoying the silence... but I'm also lonely.  Perhaps I should obtain wine and cheese.  I have no friends in town, since all of my friends here are med students and they're off enjoying their summers.  I got to cuddle with the kitties last night, though!  H always locks them out of the bedroom, but since he wasn't here I left it open and all 3 of them slept on the bed with me.
  • I'm so sorry about the bugs.

I'm around but exhausted. Today was my sister's bridal shower, it was a long day, but a good one.

Anniversary

• Hahaha! August 4th would work best. : I would love to recreate our first date! Aww kitty snuggles! I wish I could lock the kitties out of the room. Your H and I would get along really well. I'm watching teen mom. I feel like a horrible person.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_sat-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7bf001f1-6a7b-486b-b194-1ab3201d727ePost:7cac8df6-5bee-42d6-b9a5-a1f4a048d6ad">Re: Sat. Chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm so sorry about the bugs.  I'm around but exhausted. Today was my sister's bridal shower, it was a long day, but a good one.
    Posted by danser55[/QUOTE]

<div>I saw your post about that on FB.  I didn't comment because FB has been acting up for me today (it's reached Wonkiness Level TK) but I'm glad it went well and I'm sorry you got stuck with an extra part of the cost.</div>
  • Hey danser! Are you excited about your sister's wedding?

• ha ha I love teen mom because it's so awful.

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_sat-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7bf001f1-6a7b-486b-b194-1ab3201d727ePost:fe85dda3-dce6-4b53-a213-7d5e7b950ca4">Re:Sat. Chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hahaha! August 4th would work best. : I would love to recreate our first date! Aww kitty snuggles! I wish I could lock the kitties out of the room. Your H and I would get along really well. I'm watching teen mom. I feel like a horrible person.
    </div><div>Oh, now I see where you said "Saturday" in your previous post.  I was reading too fast.  I might have to leave town already that Saturday, but if not, I'm in.</div><div>
    </div><div>Teen Mom makes me feel so good about myself.

</div>
  • One of my students is super into the show and so is her mom. They got me into it yesterday when I was doing my laundry at their house.

• In Response to Re:Sat. Chat:[QUOTE]Oh, now I see where you said "Saturday" in your previous post. nbsp;I was reading too fast. nbsp;I might have to leave town already that Saturday, but if not, I'm in.Teen Mom makes me feel so good about myself. Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

You should rearrange your schedule so you can definitely stay for Saturday night.

I can't believe how some of these girls treat their family and friends.

• definitely a self esteem booster.

Anniversary

• In Response to Re:Sat. Chat:[QUOTE]definitely a self esteem booster. Posted by danser55[/QUOTE]

It's most definitely a train wreck.

• Anyone else get dizzy spells?  If so, what do you do about them?

I've been feeling light-headed and dizzy since about noon today and I can't shake it.  It feels awful.  :(  I've had plenty to eat and drink today, so I don't think it's a blood sugar or hydration issue.
  • I usually just lie around and wait for the day to be over. Not the best advice.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_sat-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7bf001f1-6a7b-486b-b194-1ab3201d727ePost:00cdfc6c-00bc-49f7-9034-949949cc750d">Re:Sat. Chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]I usually just lie around and wait for the day to be over. Not the best advice.
    Posted by audrewuh[/QUOTE]

<div>That's my usual solution, too.  It always seems like the only cure is a full night's sleep.  I had things I wanted to get done tonight, though.  Grrrrr.</div>
  • ...like drinking and eating?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_sat-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7bf001f1-6a7b-486b-b194-1ab3201d727ePost:58a77704-7fcd-4d4e-971c-08af943121fa">Re:Sat. Chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]...like drinking and eating?
    </div><div>...among other things, yes...
    <div>
    </div><div>*eyes the half-eaten package of peanut-butter oreos, the crumpled up Jimmy John's bag, and the empty Daily's Peach Daiquiri pouch*</div><div>
    </div></div>
  • Hahaha! I just realized I haven't eaten dinner... I could use dinner and a drink. I desperately need to get to know the area around my apartment better. Lol.

• Go forth and bravely explore your new territory!  Find food and booze.  Especially booze.  I know you earned it this week.
  • I began on drinking lemonaide and sweet tea vodka. yum, now  bf & I are playing a board game.  we are very exciting people tonight.

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_sat-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7bf001f1-6a7b-486b-b194-1ab3201d727ePost:ebeef682-ead4-4447-b62f-bf89f4fca5e0">Re: Sat. Chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]I began on drinking lemonaide and sweet tea vodka. yum, now  bf & I are playing a board game.  we are very exciting people tonight.

<div>oooh!  What game?</div>
  • Hey PreggoBird!  I'm so excited for you and your new house.  Do you have pictures to share?

And WHAT did you do to your ankle?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_sat-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:7bf001f1-6a7b-486b-b194-1ab3201d727ePost:ebeef682-ead4-4447-b62f-bf89f4fca5e0">Re: Sat. Chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]I began on drinking lemonaide and sweet tea vodka. yum, now  bf & I are playing a board game.  we are very exciting people tonight.

I wanna play! My BF hates board games :(

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_sat-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7bf001f1-6a7b-486b-b194-1ab3201d727ePost:9dcc96b5-9536-4384-a6db-e15845223dc7">Re: Sat. Chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sat. Chat : Nothing!! The baby is doing it to me I think.  I love the house and I love my paint colors SO SO much.  I have a whole album on facebook, but I'll update my album I posted on google too.
    Posted by hellotarra[/QUOTE]

<div>*running off to stalk your facebook*</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards