California-San Diego
Options

Help! Need a wedding venue asap!

Hello ladies,

I am on the hunt for a wedding venue for my December third, 2011 wedding that will not completely rob the bank.  My husband to be is deploying in January and we already have out of town guests who have purchased tickets to arrive in San Diego that date so unfortunately we can not change the date.  Does anyone out there have any ideas?!?!?  Thank you!

Re: Help! Need a wedding venue asap!

• Options
    geguillengeguillen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How many guests do you plan on having? You can get a permit for most of the beaches pretty cheap...especially in Coronado.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you're military related... and depending on size- some of the military places can be great. I know Admiral Kidd books up fast but there are neat places on the subbase and I was a fan of one of the places on North Island that was smaller.

Good luck.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We still have that date available over here at the Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort!  Since it is in a few months, we can most likely work something out with the rate.  How many people are you expecting? Feel free to contact us at cbiweddings@gpresorts.com if you have more questions.  Hopefully we can help! :)
  • Options
    Leslie ONeillLeslie ONeill member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kate Sessions Park is LOVELY. I've been there for a couple weddings. You just need to buy a permit (cheap). May be chilling in Dec., but we are in SD!

Also, if you are in need of wedding photograpy/video. I am starting a new business and looking to gain experience. Photos and video for $200...includes DVDs.
    If interested let me know! I can give you more details.

Leslie
  • Options
    edited December 2011

When I contacted the Community center in Coronado they said they had a few days in Dec left (no sat) but you would want to check with them quickly because their availability changes daily.  I don't know their availability but I booked at Bali Hai and they were a lot cheaper than most other venues.

• Options
    affairsbyamyaffairsbyamy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Carlsbad Inn is lovely, and if you are military, the BayView room at MCRD is great too! 
    Good luck 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    the marina villade conference center is awesome and super cheap even tho its right on the water
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards