Wisconsin

Bachlorette Party in Madison Ideas

Looking for some ideas to give to my bridal party for my bachelorette party. Me and my FSIL are the only ones that live in the state of Wisconsin.  It may be a year away, but it will be here before I know it. I recently moved to the Madison area and would love to truly experience Madison nightlife for my big night. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! :)

Re: Bachlorette Party in Madison Ideas

• When would your bachelorette party possibly be (what month)? Are you more of a party gal, or want something more low-key?  I've lived here for over 12 years, and there is lots to do, however it just depends on what YOU would like to do :)  Lots to do at night - comedy clubs, State Street bar hopping.....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_bachlorette-party-in-madison-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:118Discussion:cbf1920e-3562-43ad-9094-c30ace345586Post:2b0f25d3-709b-40a1-b99a-57c9cd6a3afd">Re: Bachlorette Party in Madison Ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]When would your bachelorette party possibly be (what month)? Are you more of a party gal, or want something more low-key?  I've lived here for over 12 years, and there is lots to do, however it just depends on what YOU would like to do :)  Lots to do at night - comedy clubs, State Street bar hopping.....
    Posted by deeda77[/QUOTE]
     exactly^ it really depends on what you are into, Madiosn has so much to offer!

Mine will be in April next year and I have one bridesmaid under 18 so I am hoping to go to Tutto's on state (my favorite!!!) and then to some sort of performance. Wether it is at the overture center or elsewhere.. We will be having a LBD/ Breakfast at Tiffany's theme to make it fun :)
    May 2013 Brides February Siggy photo invitessiggy_zpscfc27989.jpg Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • <div>I want YOUR bachelorette party ;) LOL....I'm not a party gal myself, so something low key involving food and m'ladies is right up my alley!</div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_bachlorette-party-in-madison-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:118Discussion:cbf1920e-3562-43ad-9094-c30ace345586Post:5a53641a-9d81-47c9-839d-11f9af4f4ab2">Re: Bachlorette Party in Madison Ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bachlorette Party in Madison Ideas :  exactly^ it really depends on what you are into, Madiosn has so much to offer! Mine will be in April next year and I have one bridesmaid under 18 so I am hoping to go to Tutto's on state (my favorite!!!) and then to some sort of performance. Wether it is at the overture center or elsewhere.. We will be having a LBD/ Breakfast at Tiffany's theme to make it fun :)
    Posted by turtleslove[/QUOTE]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh thanks deeda! My MOH knows me so well :)
    Do you have any ideas yet?

May 2013 Brides February Siggy photo invitessiggy_zpscfc27989.jpg Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Nope, no ideas yet!  But I'm fairly confident my ladies will throw me something fun as well :)  I think they are already in cahoots about something .... lol!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_bachlorette-party-in-madison-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:118Discussion:cbf1920e-3562-43ad-9094-c30ace345586Post:6d4078b7-577e-41f6-9358-646a9a231985">Re: Bachlorette Party in Madison Ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nope, no ideas yet!  But I'm fairly confident my ladies will throw me something fun as well :)  I think they are already in cahoots about something .... lol!
    Posted by deeda77[/QUOTE]

Haha, its fun to watch them scheme :)

And Ashbeth, were not just trying to talk about us! Give us some details and I am sure we will come up with LOTS of ideas :)
  • No problem ladies! I can't access TK at work, which is probably a good thing!

I do want it to be more of a party feel since it's my last hoorah, but my FSIL is under 18 as well, so I want to be able to have a nice dinner/games/present portion with her in attendance before we do the over 21 fun things!

I am planning on having it in June a few weeks before I get married or the week before. Fathers Day weekend probably wouldn't be a good idea..Lol. I'm thinking June 8th or June 22. My MOH is getting married herself late April/early May (haven't decided FI is in the military and is in S. Korea currently) and in a wedding the first weekend in June. Plus, a bridesmaid is in a wedding Mem. Day weekend too. 
  • micmarstemicmarste member
    First Comment
    edited June 2012
    The best bachelorette party I went to was in Madison a few years ago - I helped plan it :)

We started out with dinner at one of the bride's favorite restaurants (The Old Fashioned).  There are so many great choices in the downtown area, so if you want to go out for dinner first, it would really depend on what type of food you're looking for and price range. 

After dinner we hit the Comedy Club on State Street.  I've been several times, and never been disappointed.  It's always hilarious.  The shows are 18+, but if your FMIL is going, then FSIL would be able to attend.  http://www.madisoncomedy.com/faqs/
    You could also check out the line-up of events at the Overture Center if you're into that sort of thing.  http://overturecenter.com/     

After the Comedy Club we bar-hopped on State Street and around the square.  We ended the evening in a couple suites at the DoubleTree.  This was really nice since it's walking distance and no one had to drive.  There are lots of hotel choices downtown, and if there are several people in a room the cost isn't too bad.   
  • I wish mine was in June, becuaes I really wanted to go to a concert on the square! Check out the Wisconsin Chamber Orchestra for details. 
    The Orpheium, Barrymore and Majestic will all have different shows, but you have to wait till next spring to see what is playing/showing. 
    Love the Comedy Club!! However, it is not for someone that doesn't like dirty jokes FYI. It is not a place for clean humor. 
    Also check out PIano Fondue. Most of their shows are 21+ but I think it depends on the venue. They go to different location in Madison, Edgerton, Janesville and Wisconsin Dells. They are our wedding entertainment :)

Food is a whole nother issue. For an awesome all around place I would reccomend 1855 out in Cottage Grove everything from gourmet burgers to wood fired pizza and great steaks! 

If you want more of a fun and relaxed time, a Mallards game is a blast! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards