Maine

life is funny - advice?

plato79plato79 member
First Anniversary First Comment
So I've been trying to plan the honeymoon and while I have the whole trip planned, we just never could sit down to finalize things. Basically, things didn't get booked. I could still book it, but there's a conference I just found out about that's in mid-june that I really, really ought to take. So we're thinking of post-poning the trip until winter, which is fine. FI thinks this whole never being able to book was a fate thing, since I wouldn't be able to take this course that I need if we had. It might be!

So now we're looking at local or less expensive get-aways for about a week. FI suggested California, which I'm totally up for, but think it would definitely run closer to what we were hoping to spend on the Costa Rica trip. I was also looking into a road trip option, since he and I  have done several and really have a blast. My idea was to start in NH where I already have a two-night voucher in N. Conway, head up to The Balsams for a night since I've always wanted to go there, do 2 days in Montreal, 2 days in Quebec, then do a one nighter on the Maine coast. 

Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions for different trip(s)?
Wedding Countdown Ticker June 3, 2011!

Re: life is funny - advice?

• edited December 2011
    We're not doing a honeymoon right away either.  I think we may try for a week trip at the end of August when my clerkship is over.  We are thinking about Nova Scotia, although we haven't really done any planning for it.  I would be hesitant to go south of Boston on your road trip (unless it was to the Cape or something) because of the heat, so I think your plans sound generally good!
  • edited December 2011
    i might be going to business school is the fall so we're waiting too.  i think it gives us something else to look forward to later!

i like your idea about teh road trip.  I agree that spending a ton will prob push your "dream" honeymoon back further.
  • plato79plato79 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    JessicaBessica - I definitely thought about going up to Nova Scotia, too! It's something else I'm considering. I've always wanted to go. I didn't know you clerked - I loved my clerkship! 

Slwager - that's so exciting about business school - good luck! I agree - it is night to think about looking forward to something down the road.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker June 3, 2011!
  • edited December 2011
    We're putting the honeymoon off too and just doing a few days in Bethel and then either Kennebunkport or Portland - we can't decide. 
    Married 9.4.11
  • Redsx15FanRedsx15Fan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are also putting our honeymoon off. We are thinking April or May. For us with so much planning and to pay for becuase we are having a give wedding, we decided to do it later. September also is not the best time to visit the Bahamas so that's another reason!

Whenever and where every everyone decides to go, it's important to at least go somewhere and enjoy!!! :-)
  • britthall06britthall06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're also waiting until probably next March or April, Florida would be miserable in mid-August! FI had to take two months off of work for knee surgery at the beginning of this year so his vacation time is limited. We'll probably lock the doors at home, shut our phones off and enjoy a day or two after to relax! I agree that after all the excitement of the wedding goes away you still have something to look forward to.
  • edited December 2011
    Because I teach and the wedding is so late in the summer we are delaying our Costa Rican HM until Feb. of next year.  We're staying in Boothbay for the week following our wedding.  Would you consider that or Bar Harbor?  Nova Scotia and New Foundland are supposed to be beautiful.  They were actually HM contenders, but we decided to do that another time.  Quebec City is only a 5 hr. drive from SoMe and is also gorgeous.  You could def. spend a few days up there and have a great time. I love Quebec.  It definitely reminds me of France.  Good luck!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards