Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Mother/Daughter Dance help

Hello knotties, so i am looking for a mother/daughter song for a mother/daughter dance. my dad passed away when i was 3 months old and my mom never remarried, my mom suggested i dance with my grandpa (dad's dad) but i feel like i should dance with my mom because she has been there for me no matter what and she's the one who raised me and is giving me away.

but i'm having a hard time finding mother/daughter songs, i know of "i hope you dance" Lee Ann Womack, "slipping through my fingers" ABBA, "in my daughter's eyes" Martina McBride & and after that i'm stuc.

any suggestions? TIA

Re: Mother/Daughter Dance help

• Options
    kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    A fellow Knottie friend of mine danced to Somewhere over the rainbow which I loved....here is the link from Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAIKznMPXUk

I also love My Wish by Rascal Flatts....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xz32I_GbpeU

Celine Dion-Because You loved me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CkKuA86Mis

HTH!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    ashleyandcjashleyandcj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My aunt did that because her dad died when she was 2.  She picked a wish apon a star but some of her choices were I turn to you (christina aguilera), Because you loved me, Im your angel ( C. Dion), wind beneath my wings (Bette Midler),  and every mothers dream.  I hope this helps.  GL 
  • Options
    RoxyV111582RoxyV111582 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks ladies!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am in the same situation, and had never actually thought of having a mother/daughter dance. I think my mom will break down a little, but this is a good thought. Thanks for the idea!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My mom and I are doing I Hope you Dance

Philly Sig Challenge

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    For Sale

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
  • Options
    mrs.rabmrs.rab member
    edited December 2011
    I haven't thought of this either, but I totally am now!!
    Are you just going with the swing of things when it comes time for the dance, or are you doing lessons?1
    imageimageAnniversary
  • Options
    abeidler88abeidler88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Carrie underwoa new song out that she sang on her christmas special called "Mama" it is the perfect mother daughter dance song i was in tears the first time i heard it if you still need an idea for the song give it a chance
  • Options
    RoxyV111582RoxyV111582 member
    edited December 2011
    karann15, i hadn't thought of taking dance lessons with my mom, i think that would be sweet, i was thinking of just swinging along with the music, i know we will both be crying alot!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My favorite mom song is Taylor Swift's "The Best Day". I'm dedicating that to my mom before the toasts.

My Planning Bio ** For Sale
    UPDATED 1/5/11

Anniversary
  • Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011

There's a very obscure song, by Carly Simon, called "Love of My Life". It's from a movie called "This is My Life". Every time I hear it, I tear up.........."from the moment I first saw you, from the second you were born, I knew you were the love of my life".

Just tossing that in there. I also always pictured dancing with my dad to "Because You Loved me".

Good luck. I'm sure whatever you choose will creat a "heart memory" for both of you.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards