Not Engaged Yet

Totally freaking out. What on earth are we going to do?!

2»

Re: Totally freaking out. What on earth are we going to do?!

• edited December 2011
    That place is insane, Jeter.  Run far, far away. 
  • edited December 2011
    Um, yes, that place is TOTALLY insane.  I went ahead and e-mailed the BOSS.  Which is who I met with on Monday.  I explained to her that Shelley had offered me the job last week and that's why I was probably so weird on Monday during the "interview" - because I wasn't aware I was still interviewing.   I also (lied) said I had another job offer and needed to know what was happening, if anything.  I immediately got an answer back - she apologized for the confusion and that yes, Shelley in fact did resign.  She asked when I had to give an answer to the other job and that she would contact me tomorrow or Friday. 

I've already made contact with my old boss back in Missouri - we were really close and have been keeping in contact and she wants me to come back desperately, so I just gave her a heads up on the situation and said it's quite possible we may decide to come back.

Ahhhh - why so many things at once?!!?  I'm going to work out, take a long shower, and then have a glass of wine!  Thank you girls for trying to calm me down...
  • edited December 2011
    As far as the bed on the floor... we'll do what we have to do.  Heck, it might be fun living like college students for a while LOL
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jeter - I'm glad you got a hold of the boss and she seems like she was pretty understanding about the situation.  Hopefully you'll hear back asap.

Good idea on the working out/wine.  Do something to relax and take your mind off it.  Then when you're re-focused you can get down to business.  I'm sending Magical Canadian Knottie vibes your way;)

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • tafft1tafft1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love you Jeter you are such a sweetheart and it sounds like you have some options which is a positive thing. Ditto what Paige said as well - wine fixes everyhting. Well , maybe not but it makes us feel like it does ! *hugs* Keep us updated :)
    Photobucket Anniversary www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Well I'm late as usual, but good luck!

Also, if Craigslist doesn't pan out, we actually bought a lot of our furniture at Goodwill.  It's not the best, but it'll definitely fill the spot and serve it's purpose until you get on your feet again.  I'm also in the "prefers mattress on the floor" camp. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Married Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic My first love.

Me: 31 DH: 30

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
    1st BFP: 10/27/12, cycle before we had planned to see RE
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_totally-freaking-out-earth-going?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f96e026a-bdd0-4a54-ad2c-19d09dde8fd4Post:f8ace360-ae0d-4c64-8dc8-af68fd8173b4">Re: Totally freaking out. What on earth are we going to do?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Um, yes, that place is TOTALLY insane.  I went ahead and e-mailed the BOSS.  Which is who I met with on Monday.  I explained to her that Shelley had offered me the job last week and that's why I was probably so weird on Monday during the "interview" - because I wasn't aware I was still interviewing.   I also (lied) said I had another job offer and needed to know what was happening, if anything.  I immediately got an answer back - she apologized for the confusion and that yes, Shelley in fact did resign.  She asked when I had to give an answer to the other job and that she would contact me tomorrow or Friday.  I've already made contact with my old boss back in Missouri - we were really close and have been keeping in contact and she wants me to come back desperately, so I just gave her a heads up on the situation and said it's quite possible we may decide to come back. Ahhhh - why so many things at once?!!? <strong> I'm going to work out, take a long shower, and then have a glass of wine!</strong>  Thank you girls for trying to calm me down...
    Posted by Soon2BMrsJeter[/QUOTE]

Best stress relief recipe EVER. :)

What are the negatives to going back to Missouri? Staying in LA? You and your FI need to sit down and make a pros/cons list and focus on the jobs/house situation.

It sounds like you guys have some good options.

let us know what else we can do to help!

*hugs*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• edited December 2011
    Paige -  Yes, she did seem like she really has her head on right.  I guess the reason why I keep pushing this specific job is because I really wanted to stay in the hospice field and this would just be so perfect for me.. 
    Oh, as far as the workout...I think I got WAY too into it and well with being so stressed, I had to stop and throw up in the middle of it!  What the heck?!  I took a 5 minute break, had some water, and finished the workout and now I feel great.  Time for some wine though! 

tafft -  Awww thanks!  I loves you too!

Acro - You're not too late.. LOL  I have actually gotten things from Goodwill before too.  I've calmed down a bit over the whole furniture matter now.  I think I'm mostly frustrated with this job situation and just the fact that we're being treated wrongly by FFIL and the landlord.
  • edited December 2011
    When I up and moved across the country we flew so there was no way to bring anything with me. I bought a new bed on craigslist and had it dropped off the day we got there, and that was it. We ate there, we used my laptop as a tv. Eventually as kids moved out of their apartments I picked up cheap stuff from them. Craigslist is your friend. It will get better, at least you are together
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Oh man, Jeter, that is a lot to process at once.  How does FI feel about moving to Missouri.  How much do you like BR minus being away from your friends?  Did you email Shelley back and say "thanks for nothing weirdo!"?

I hope you figure out what you guys want to do next, but you definitely don't have to run out and buy ALL new furniture.  Just a bed will work for a while.  Or even an air mattress - pretend you're camping!
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• edited December 2011
    Craigslist is the best - we got a brand new couch that some guy had to sell because he was moving - $100, originally $850.  Steal!  He also threw in a free TV stand.

Check out yard sales, too.  So long as you have a bed, the rest can be made do until you can buy it piece-by-piece.  It's okay!  I swear!

And when I say I've been in a similar situation, I lost my job last September.  I had to move out of my apartment within ONE WEEK since I could not afford rent, and had to figure out what to do.  Within 4 days, I had booked a UHaul, cancelled my lease, booked my father a flight down to drive my car back, booked my boyfriend a flight up to help me move out, and reserved a storage unit down in Miami until I could find a place to live.

Yeah, in 4 days!  So deep breath, it sucks but these things unfortunately happen.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • paintgirlpaintgirl member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Jeter I'm so sorry for your ultimately sh*tty day. Craigslist is your new friend for apartment and furniture. If I was your position, I wouldn't move back to Missouri right away. I would find a short-term apartment (6 months or so) and see if you and FI still want to move back there in that time. My bet is that you have a job within that period of time and you've settled in to your new life in LA.

Hang in there. One thing at a time - apartment first. Then furniture and wedding. Well ok - first breathe. :)
  • leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Nothing wrong with a mattress on the floor. I knew a guy who made six figures and still slept on a mattress on the floor.  =)

If you do consider going back to Missouri, you should ask your previous employer if they can bridge your years of service. Some companies (at least the ones I've worked for) do this. Basically, if you worked there five years, leave, and come back, you would still have the benefits of someone with five years seniority, or something similar based on policy. Never hurts to ask.
  • edited December 2011
    chipy - Thanks for the input - it's good to know other people went through the whole "not having good furniture phase"....

NQB - FI is actually more okay with moving back to Missouri than I am.  He is originally from there too and most of his family is still there.  If I already had a job here, then we wouldn't even be questioning whether or not to move back to Missouri.  I'm REALLY hoping I find something soon so that we can just stay here.

catemeg - Wow!  That's a heck of a lot in just 4 days!  Makes me feel alot better LOL 

paint - I think you're right... I don't want to just throw in the towel, give up and move back already...  As much as I miss "home", this was starting to feel like home and I was getting excited about it.. Not to mention, I know he really likes it here...

leia - Yes, I'm going to check on that - unfortunately with past employees that left and came back they didn't do that... So, we'll see..!
    edited December 2011

How are you feeling today? Any discussion last night?

• edited December 2011
    I'm feeling a little better today.  We talked about our options - still not 100% sure what we're going to do.  It's all mostly riding on whether I'll get a job offer or not.  We both really want to stay here... So we'll see.  We did look online at a few places to rent here temporarily until we make a more permanant decision.

The great thing about FI is that he knows how to calm my fears and makes me remember that we're in this TOGETHER. 

I'm REALLY friggin tired of sitting at home though!!  Guess I'll be making my usual grocery store run today... Oh joy!
    edited December 2011
    I understand Jeter! I get to go see bf today and I'm SO excited to get out of the house for a week! Hang in there.
  • edited December 2011

Gaaahhh!! I'm so excited for you!!  Have fun!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards