Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Ukrainian Event Center

Hi fellow wedding planners, I was just wondering if any has had their reception or been to a reception at the Ukrainian Event Center in NE. I have been looking for reviews on the venue and cannot find too much.
My fiance and I looked at the St. Anthony Event Center, but was just thought it was too pricey - charging for extra things here and there on top of the rental fee! The Ukrainian Event Center is down the street and is a much better deal, everything is all included in the rental rate. Definitely in our budget too. Hope to hear some opinions! Thanks!
Anniversary

Re: Ukrainian Event Center

• edited December 2011
    I was there for a wedding reception about 4 years ago and enjoyed it - the main hall is huge with beautiful hardwood floors that were super fun for dancing (I think there was a stage too, but I can't remember). The only thing that was kind of an issue was that the bar area is small and adjoins the main hall, so some people tended to congregate in the bar area vs. the main reception area. In the big picture, really not a big deal. One big perk is the on-site parking - no need to deal with a valet or ramps or anything like that. As a guest, it was super convenient.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011

I went to a wedding there two years ago and thought it was a nice space for an event. And beka is right about the parking - super convenient!

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I was at a wedding there last year, and have to agree with pp's it was a nice venue, and it did have a stage. They set the DJ up there and the dance floor was right in front of that. The head table was off to the left of there, centered on the wall.
  • globalgeminiglobalgemini member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for your help everyone! Checked out the venue, definitely has a lot of potential!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards