Indiana
Options

Question- need opinions

I have a dilemma. On my wedding day, I have decided to do the formal pictures of the wedding party before the ceremony, instead of in between the church and the reception. I figured no one has been crying quite yet, and it saves some time at the hall. I want to be at the reception for the whole thing, not just during dinner and after. 

So with that in mind, this is the issue. I don't know who will be able to go and decorate the hall. I want the ceremony at 3, reception at 4, with pictures starting at about 1:30. The hall said we most likely won't be able to get inl until 1:00, and obviously no one in the wedding party will be able to help set the place up and decorate if pictures are at 1:30 in a different town. 

I was thinking of hiring a wedding planner for the day or something like that, I have no idea who I can hire to decorate the hall or if I can pay the hall extra if they set the whole thing up, which I dont think they will do. 

Does anyone have any idea what I could do? Or have you done this before? I am at a loss, and this is the one part of planning Im stressed about!

Thanks so much! 

Re: Question- need opinions

• Options
    inkygirlinkygirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yep, you should definitely hire a day of coordinator.  Check out Sunny Sky Events.  She's based in Louisville, but travels.  She only charges $300 plus some travel fee depending on where you are.  GL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am having a friend and her sister do it.  She is very creative and is actually really excited to do it.  With that in mind, make sure it is a person that wouldn't see it as a burden, but someone who loves to be creative.  She actually told me how honored she was that I trusted her to do it because it is for such a special event.  I have purchased gifts for her just like she is in the wedding party.  I am also inviting her to come to dinner with us the night before.    I have made the process as easy as possible with her.  She has very explicit directions on what goes where,  everything is labeled,  etc.  I have made everything ahead of time, so all she has to do is lay them out.  The ballroom is taking care of the tables and linens for us.  I am also having the guys deliver everything to the room that day so she doesn't have to do any lifting.    She knows me and I trust her, so I know she'll do an amazing job.  Good luck with your wedding!
  • Options
    PhotoMotoPhotoMoto member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would go with a DOC  Or you could ask a family member.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards