September 2013 Weddings

Morning After Photos

I just discovered this article reporting on "a sexy new wedding trend called "morning after" photography, which apparently captures a bride and groom's first morning together as husband and wife, posed together in provocative states of undress."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/27/morning-after-photos_n_1828385.html?utm_hp_ref=weddings&ir=Weddings

Have you all heard of these?  I'm losing track of all the types of photos that get taken now: Ephotos, Wedding Photos, Trash the Dress Photos, Boudoir Photos, Bridal Portraits.  Am I  missing one?  It seems like just another industry moneygrab to me.  What do you guys think?  I'm just doing Ephotos and Wedding photos.  Anyone planning on doing another type?

Re: Morning After Photos

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_morning-after-photos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:caf48f56-741a-4e1e-8787-3c507e279269Post:913ae8eb-e0ed-4160-a353-b49cfa89ceea">Morning After Photos</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just discovered this article reporting on "a sexy new wedding trend called "morning after" photography, which apparently captures a bride and groom's first morning together as husband and wife, posed together in provocative states of undress."
    Anyone planning on doing another type?
    Posted by zantster[/QUOTE]

HELL NO. We're doing engagement photos and wedding photos.  That's it.  I don't get all these new trends in wedding photography.  And trash the dress?  Really???  My dress cost way too much to trash it in water, mud, paint, etc.  Now they want to come to my house the day after our sexcapades?  NO THANK YOU.
    Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_morning-after-photos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:caf48f56-741a-4e1e-8787-3c507e279269Post:464e9b5e-4428-419d-aed4-587288a0c89c">Re: Morning After Photos</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Morning After Photos : HELL NO. We're doing engagement photos and wedding photos.  That's it.  I don't get all these new trends in wedding photography.  And trash the dress?  Really???  My dress cost way too much to trash it in water, mud, paint, etc.  Now they want to come to my house the day after our sexcapades?  NO THANK YOU.
    Posted by GoofyAssChick[/QUOTE]

THIS!

Morning after photos?  Seriously?  How awkward is having a photographer pop by in the morning after your wedding?  I don't know about you but I don't wake up in the morning looking like a freaking sexkitten especially after a long day / night of partying.  So I'm guessing they are staged??  IMO just weird.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sooooooooooooo weird

***Sept 2013 Jan. Siggy Challange - Bouquet Inspiration!***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I heard about this earlier in the week as well! Very strange, and way too personal. You're gonna spend another few hundred bucks on a photo shoot, and who are you going to show the photos to? Your family???
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I realized as I pressed reply that I might be being a little hypocritical, as I plan on doing a boudoir shoot as a gift to FI, which he will open right before the wedding. But that's different... right? 
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_morning-after-photos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:caf48f56-741a-4e1e-8787-3c507e279269Post:a58543c8-471b-4fb0-a812-8c800e305a2d">Re: Morning After Photos</a>:
    [QUOTE]I realized as I pressed reply that I might be being a little hypocritical, as I plan on doing a boudoir shoot as a gift to FI, which he will open right before the wedding.<strong> But that's different... right? </strong>
    Posted by mpickl[/QUOTE]

I think so...because that is a gift for FI as a surprise.  Morning pics is like...weird.  What are you going to do? Send them as thank you notes?!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We were originally going to do e-pics and wedding, but now FI'swork schedule has gone insane so just wedding now :(.

I heard about this morning after nonsense on my morning show - I don't think so!  I've done enough walks of shame in my time, I'm certainly not going to PAY someone to immortalize it on film.

lol @ ellie - thank you notes, check!!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    *** September 2013 Signature Challenge: Hair Inspiration! ***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_morning-after-photos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:caf48f56-741a-4e1e-8787-3c507e279269Post:44a5286f-b2cc-4ca3-8026-2be944296ce5">Re: Morning After Photos</a>:
    [QUOTE] lol @ ellie - thank you notes, check!!
    Posted by TayBeach2013[/QUOTE]

"Thanks for your gifts and for coming...this is what we did after you left and why I grabbed that bottle of champagne from the bar...rawrrrrrrrrr"

• I loved reading all the responses.  You guys are hilarious!!  Yeah, I just don't get it.  I showed it to FI and he said NOT HAPPENING!  I just laughed cause of course I knew that would be his reaction.  I was super surprised that one of the main photographers who does this is in Ann Arbor, which is really close by.  I just can't help thinking of what I feel and look like at 6am after an "intimate night".  That is not for any camera lens to capture.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_morning-after-photos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:caf48f56-741a-4e1e-8787-3c507e279269Post:464e9b5e-4428-419d-aed4-587288a0c89c">Re: Morning After Photos</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Morning After Photos : HELL NO. We're doing engagement photos and wedding photos.  That's it.  I don't get all these new trends in wedding photography.  And trash the dress?  Really???  My dress cost way too much to trash it in water, mud, paint, etc.  Now they want to come to my house the day after our sexcapades?  NO THANK YOU.
    Posted by GoofyAssChick[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Ahaaaha!  Well put, I'm with you on that!

</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree HELL NO!!!  I am pretty sure that my ass will be a hot mess after a night of drinking, dancing and married sex.  No way do I want my pic taken. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh wow.  Shower picture anyone?

I can't even imagine...  We're doing e-pics because it comes with our package and I love the idea of having pictures of us in "normal" clothes.  Then we'll do wedding pics.  That's it.

"Hey Dad!  Check out these pictures of me and FI!  Thanks for the wedding!"  Ew.
  • Ha. I hope FI doesn't hear about these. He'd be someone who would want them. lol
    ~*~Sept 2013 Siggy Challange - Then (2005) & Now (2012)~*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Somebody once said, it's the soul that matters. Baby who can really tell, when two hearts belong so well?
    Tale as Old as Time (Updated 11/26) Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • APDSS22APDSS22 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited August 2012
    lol ew no.  I get boudior photos as a present to your hubby (I'm not doing them because that's money I can spend on what he really wants, a recliner).  But I can't believe anyone would pay for photos to get taken of their sex hair and morning face.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_morning-after-photos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:caf48f56-741a-4e1e-8787-3c507e279269Post:913ae8eb-e0ed-4160-a353-b49cfa89ceea">Morning After Photos</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just discovered this article reporting on "a sexy new wedding trend called "morning after" photography, which apparently captures a bride and groom's first morning together as husband and wife, posed together in provocative states of undress." <a href="http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/27/morning-after-photos_n_1828385.html?utm_hp_ref=weddings&ir=Weddings" rel="nofollow">http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/27/morning-after-photos_n_1828385.html?utm_hp_ref=weddings&ir=Weddings</a> Have you all heard of these?  I'm losing track of all the types of photos that get taken now: Ephotos, Wedding Photos, Trash the Dress Photos, Boudoir Photos, Bridal Portraits.  Am I  missing one?  It seems like just another industry moneygrab to me.  What do you guys think?  I'm just doing Ephotos and Wedding photos.  Anyone planning on doing another type?
    Posted by zantster[/QUOTE]
    I always wanted to do a boudoir shoot - and actually there is a great photographer in my area that i went to high school with - her and her husband own it - anyways - i just don't think i would be comfy enough - or think i would feel hot enough or something -
    Wedding Countdown Ticker ~~December Sept. 2013 Siggy Challenge~~ Now & Then Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We are doing E-pics, bridal portraits, and wedding photos. I am buying a second dress to go clubbing in after our wedding because we are having a short reception and I am going to do a trash the dress session in it. As for the morning after shots I think that is stupid. Why would I want someone to come into my bedroom and take half naked photos of me and the FI after we just had a huge day the day before.
    The Future Mrs. Burleson Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards