Massachusetts

Venue possibly closing!? Oh em geee :( (sorry so long..needed to vent)

So Im trying not to freak out...but I havent been doing so well :/
We picked our venue and went and put or deposit down. Not a week later did I hear (actually my father heard from a member) that the country club we chose is having "money troubles". So I called the wedding coordinator/director of sales and questioned her about what I heard. She acted soooo shocked and said it is only a rumor and not to worry, if they were having money troubles "She would be the first to know." I guess I was just hoping that it was a rumor so I dropped the subject completely. 3 days later while on vacation I get a phone call from my friend, on the front page of our local newspaper was a huge headline about the country club being in some serious debt and how they are trying to sell it. Mind you this country club has hosted major events and even a PGA tour. I called back again and was told "this stuff happens all the time, ownerships change hands and people never even know" Well I did know..and I was lied to!!  For a week after that 1st headline there has been blips in the newspaper about this place and its financial woes. Now Im freaking out and I dont want to give them another dime until I have it in writing that 100 percent of everything I give them will be refunded in the event of this place closing...and also that if it does change hands I have the option to take my business elsewhere and get my deposit back if the prices go up or the packages change. I do not think I am being unreasonable! Leave it to me to pick the venue that is going under :(

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Venue possibly closing!? Oh em geee :( (sorry so long..needed to vent)

• edited December 2011
    Which venue is this?  I have booked a country club as well.
  • edited December 2011
    Pleasant Valley Country Club. I am lucky enough to have a close friend who works at another country club and the director offered to hold our date for us, without a deposit until April (Im hoping I will know whats going on for sure with our venue by then) Which country club did you book?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Got it!  Charter Oak Country Club in Hudson.  Sounds like you are in a good spot!  I just have nightmares of all of the brides last year at Georgetown Country Club who had to find new venues at the last minute.
  • edited December 2011
    There are quite a few out there.... as a college golfer I was into the country club but have decided to have everything on Campus where the ceremony is.

I love Leicester Country Club for the looks...

PS- Pleasant Valley has had issues for years, we used to use it for team play but moved to Barton Creek
  • edited December 2011
    Ya thats why I was freaking out! I had a friend whose whole wedding had been cancelled because of the issue with Sterling Country Club a few years back...unbelievable! I've never heard anything bad about PV until..well now. They can have all the money troubles they want...after my wedding! haha And yes, Leicester Country Club is beautiful!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    If  interested in a July 15, 2011 evening wedding night at kirkbrae country club in lincoln R.I. is available.A Friday night is a lower price approx.$52 ppwith a wedding package and the south ballroom has a beautiful panoramic view, a balcony for the guest, the biggest dance floor in R.I and the beautiful grounds are blooming at this time of year.If interested or know of a family member ,friend, co-worker...ETC..Please contact KCC sales team.401-333-1300
  • edited December 2011
    hello,

That actually happened to me! I was going to get married at Tekoa Country Club when I heard rumors it was going out of business so Ihad to postphone the wedding which is now going to be next year. Bbut it sounds like you are doing all the right things by getting another place just in case. Good luck!

Jenn
  • edited December 2011
    That is actually where I booked our wedding... for May of 2011.. Have you heard any further information? UUGGGHHH I wish I knew this before I booked I never would have
    Photobucket Anniversary may2011knotties.weebly.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards