Canada-Vancouver

Vancouver Wedding, need help.

I'm really excited I found that Vancouver has their own board! I'm from the States and have convinced my FI to let our wedding be in Vancouver, my grandfather was born there and it's one of my favorite places on the planet. I was looking for some local advice on good venues for ceremony/reception (no churches, please), advice on local vendors and hotels that would be good. We're having it in June so I love the idea of maybe in Stanley Park or somewhere outside near the water. I know since we're not citizens we have to go up early to get the licensure in order (poor me Laughing ), basically I'm looking for any advice to help us decide where to have it and who to hire, it's going to be super small, maybe 30 people at the max. Thanks in advance!

Re: Vancouver Wedding, need help.

• edited December 2011
    Do you want to be downtown?  Do you want a rustic, small town feel or a more urban environment?

Here's a place to google.  It's about 45 minutes from downtown, on the north shore.

Deep Cove Yacht Club

In the downtown area.

Stanley Park Tea House

Near UBC.

The Brock House
  • edited December 2011
    If you decide to have your ceremony in Stanley park, just be aware that they only allow you to use a few specific locations and they only allow 10 chairs. I just went through this myself and they will not budge on the chairs thing.

I also agree with deepcovejackie about the Tea House in Stanley Park. Their food is amazing, the restaurant is a great size for your number of guests, reasonably priced, and the view is great. They are also a really nice company to deal with. I am having my reception at one of their sister restaurants and they have been wonderful so far.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you both for your suggestions! I will look into those places. I have heard good things about the Tea House but have never been there myself.
  • elellingsonelellingson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you're looking for a photographer you should check out Erica Rose
    http://www.erosephoto.com
    She's based out of Chicago but also works locally out of Vancouver, Seattle & Anchorage!
  • edited December 2011
    Pleanty of places! If you want to do it all in one place look into:

Bridges or The Sandbar on granville island, both have gorgeous water views and accomodate private events (though bridges might for bigger only)
    I know Monk MqQueens has some weekdays still available in June. have a nice big deck on the water that refelct the city lights at night and look a-ma-zing!

The LIFT in coal harbour would also be a nice location (their restaurant buy out is wildly expensive and seeing as you're only 30 they may designate a place for you to accomodate.

If you aren't dead set on having ON the beach look at Season's in the park (Queen Elizabaeth park) it easily has the most gorgeous gardens around it and the best view of the city. There is a pavillion at the top of the hill (celebration pavillion) that is used for ceremonies and is very affordable.

OR, maybe look into the boasthouse in English Bay, they may allow you to book their upper floor (or better yet, their rooftop patio) that overlooks the ocean!

Also! There is a pier and a gorgeous restaurant in west vancouver... The Beach House!
    JUST GORGEOUS!
    Here is the link:
    http://www.thebeachhouserestaurant.ca/private-functions

They accomodate 40 person sit downs on a private deck, it's really stunning. I've seen pictures of having beach weddings there and receptions at that place.

Good luck and happy planning!

OH! I also can reccomend an amazing photographer who can work within your budget too, if you're interested. I too am getting married in Vancouver this summer, let me know if you have any other questions :)
    Kate

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards