Nebraska-Omaha

DJ

I am looking for a DJ for my reception. I am not looking for someone who is corny and cheesy. I just want someone who will play the music we like and won't charge me an arm and a leg for it! Thanks!

Re: DJ

• kat20012002kat20012002 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would highly recommend A Final Take Music. Joel is very friendly and will sit down with you about a month out from your wedding to go over details. He wasn't cheesy and made the night flow so smoothly. http://www.afinaltake.com
  • edited December 2011
    We are going with Kevin Kracher--Midwest Music DJs. He MC'd our friend's wedding and did an awesome job and we knew we wanted him for our wedding. 

• edited December 2011
    We LOVED Nick DelSIgnoire with Complete Music. He was AMAZING
    "The best thing about loving and being hurt is that you get to know what true love really is. For as gold is tested in fire, and so will love be perfected in pain."
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Planning Bio/Blog

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nebraska-omaha_dj-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:79Discussion:c86bce9b-737e-4e61-88e0-1cea404c1cd0Post:20ef1b0b-6b7e-4910-85a8-075720e4d38c">Re: DJ</a>:
    [QUOTE]We LOVED Nick DelSIgnoire with Complete Music. He was AMAZING
    Posted by rachjim[/QUOTE]

He was one that Complete had recommended for us.  Was lurking to see what everyone had to say about their DJ's.!
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone Visit Omaha.Weddings.com Visit Sports.weddings.com
  • Chasity08Chasity08 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Unfortunately I cannot reccommend Show Time Music. They didn't do anything that I asked, they were actually pretty unprofessional (my DJ coming up to me talking to me about hitting on my maid of honor...on my wedding night...yea...), kept trying to get me to do things I told them we did NOT want (like the garter toss...which I wasn't even WEARING one. He wouldn't take no for an answer even after telling him this), I could go on and on...

So, long story short, don't go with Show Time. =]
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nebraska-omaha_dj-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:79Discussion:c86bce9b-737e-4e61-88e0-1cea404c1cd0Post:d7340a26-f6a7-4018-a72b-947b3ae6718c">Re: DJ</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: DJ : He was one that Complete had recommended for us.  Was lurking to see what everyone had to say about their DJ's.!
    Posted by kymo21[/QUOTE]
    He was VERY good! Got out on the floor (and he is one HELL of a dancer!), made sure we were getting things done on time, and when something needed to get started (i.e. dollar dance, bouquet toss, etc), he would find me and let me know. He's kind of quiet when you first meet him and on the phone, but at the reception, TOTALLY outgoing. Super nice guy!
    "The best thing about loving and being hurt is that you get to know what true love really is. For as gold is tested in fire, and so will love be perfected in pain."
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Planning Bio/Blog

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    On average what did the DJ's cost, and did anyone have a photo booth at their reception?
  • kat20012002kat20012002 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Joel from A Final Take DJ is very reasonable. His price is $650 which is pretty good. Joel was so helpful with making the night flow for the reception. We didn't do a photobooth because it was either that or video and we picked to pay for professional video which was totally worth it! http://www.afinaltake.com
  • edited December 2011
    our photobooth is going to be $750 for four hours of unlimited pics, attendant, and photobook. i think it's hollywood photobooth.... ill check...
  • yourdjyourdj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can help you get discounts and info for complete music  just shoot me an email   Yourdj@cox.net
  • edited December 2011
    I would def not use Showtime they are horrible. The DJ's are no good...we had to pick out 60 songs and they did not even play half of them and there was a whole list of other things that went wrong and when we tried to contact the owner he was totally rude and obnoxious so unless you want to have your reception ruined dont use them
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards