Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

Both mom and dad walking down the asile

I've been seeing it more common lately for daughters to have both the mother and the father walk them down the asile. While I am close with my father and love him very much, I also am extremly close with my mother. Would you say that this is appropriate to have both walk me down the asile. Also, what cultures is this the tradition?
Anniversary

Re: Both mom and dad walking down the asile

• Options
    In Jewish weddings it's traditional to have both parents walk you down the aisle. I think it's up to you, if you want both of them, go for it. I'm sure it would make your mom very excited.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    The Jewish tradition is that the bride's parents both walk her down the aisle, and the groom's parents both walk him down the aisle.  I love the tradition!  It makes it all about acknowledging the people who gave each of you your start on life, rather than having the bride "given away."
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Do whatever you want. It is definitely becoming more and more popular for both parents to walk the bride down the aisle regardless of religion. I think it would be very nice.
  • Options
    I agree with MissySue. It's your wedding, you should be able to do what you want. I'm all for having some tradition, but it's the bride's choice of who she wants to walk her down the aisle. Personally- I'm having both of my parents walk me down the aisle because I'm pretty darn close to both of them in different ways. They both raised me, and supported me to help me become who I am today so why shouldn't they both give me away. It's your choice though.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards