Snarky Brides
Options

Shoutouts

Re: Shoutouts

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_shoutouts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:0c6b6265-12ab-495a-acb1-a554a3284579Post:37335d5a-870e-4930-895d-5ce374539c6e">Re: Shoutouts</a>:
    [QUOTE]Interesting, I've read plenty of pretty suggestive and border line, or less, vulgarity on this board.  Please do not misunderstand my use of the word as it was only meant to express my personal feeling about this group in the nicest possible of ways, not to condemn any other group of individuals who may be offended.  It seems fair to say that as long as your accepted and in the "click" it appears to be ok to speak off color or less than politically correct.  So go have your fun tearing me apart, my definition stands... Any person who is not developmentally disabled, but rather has what is considered normal cognitive faculties but for whatever reason has opted out of using it. Whereas mental retardation is genetic in nature, this form of behavior is environmental usually resulting in too much daytime television, Brittany Spears piped in pop music, and other environmental factors.
    Posted by ameliapaige1[/QUOTE]

So we're supposed to be okay with you saying that we choose to not use our brains?  I dont' understand how insulting the entire group is supposed to help your cause.  Even the definition you provided is an insult.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_shoutouts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:0c6b6265-12ab-495a-acb1-a554a3284579Post:37335d5a-870e-4930-895d-5ce374539c6e">Re: Shoutouts</a>:
    [QUOTE]Interesting, I've read plenty of pretty suggestive and border line, or less, vulgarity on this board.  Please do not misunderstand my use of the word as it was only meant to express my personal feeling about this group in the nicest possible of ways, not to condemn any other group of individuals who may be offended.  It seems fair to say that as long as your accepted and in the "click" it appears to be ok to speak off color or less than politically correct.  So go have your fun tearing me apart, my definition stands... Any person who is not developmentally disabled, but rather has what is considered normal cognitive faculties but for whatever reason has opted out of using it. Whereas mental retardation is genetic in nature, this form of behavior is environmental usually resulting in too much daytime television, Brittany Spears piped in pop music, and other environmental factors.

We call each other bitches and whores, but we don't ever call each other retarded.  Sorry but you're just wrong.  Thanks for playing.  The end.
    panther
  • Options
    amelia, you're just digging your hole deeper.

We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_shoutouts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:0c6b6265-12ab-495a-acb1-a554a3284579Post:4894c60b-7dab-41a0-9f7b-236498c446ff">Re: Shoutouts</a>:
    [QUOTE]big bang tries too hard in my opinion.   As for shout outs, i don't get the whole cew = bitch.  I don't think i've lurked long enough to understand.  She doesn't seem any more bitchy than anyone else
    Posted by dazed2confused[/QUOTE]
    We're definitely not at all being serious when we call Cew a Megabitch.  I love her to death and think she's one of the nicest people out there.  It's a big joke, and I honestly couldn't tell you how it got started.  I can tell you that if Cew asked us to stop we would.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Wow, Amelia, saying we choose not to use our mental faculties is so magnanimous of you! I now feel the need to reevaluate myself in every possible way all thanks to you.  Bless your heart.
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_shoutouts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:0c6b6265-12ab-495a-acb1-a554a3284579Post:f4b07eba-4a06-4789-ae40-d20d91b17aee">Re: Shoutouts</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shoutouts : We're definitely not at all being serious when we call Cew a Megabitch.  I love her to death and think she's one of the nicest people out there.  It's a big joke, and I honestly couldn't tell you how it got started.  I can tell you that if Cew asked us to stop we would.
    Posted by betrothed123[/QUOTE]

<div>fair enough.  I assumed it was something along those lines, but i was hoping for a more interesting story about how it started...</div>
  • Options
    I think Cew actually started it.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options

Am I the only on thoroughly confused by Amelia's post? Any one else?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_shoutouts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:0c6b6265-12ab-495a-acb1-a554a3284579Post:0cb59132-5469-451e-a44e-d5e17224f303">Re: Shoutouts</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think Cew actually started it.
    Posted by missy68[/QUOTE]
    I think so too, but I can't remember the circumstances.  It may have been in response to something a troll said.  Cew may have a better recollection.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_shoutouts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0c6b6265-12ab-495a-acb1-a554a3284579Post:37335d5a-870e-4930-895d-5ce374539c6e">Re: Shoutouts</a>:

Thank you, oh great one, for enlightening me. But you may need to pick up a dictionary while you're on your quest to educate the world. It's clique and Britney, bitch.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_shoutouts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:0c6b6265-12ab-495a-acb1-a554a3284579Post:371f146a-8a83-4397-b5a7-310eab176be4">Re: Shoutouts</a>:
    [QUOTE]Am I the only on thoroughly confused by Amelia's post? Any one else?
    Posted by MeaghanandMichael[/QUOTE]
    It does seem kind of self-deprecating to say you're all idiots who choose not to use your brains so I fit right in, doesn't it?
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_shoutouts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:0c6b6265-12ab-495a-acb1-a554a3284579Post:371f146a-8a83-4397-b5a7-310eab176be4">Re: Shoutouts</a>:
    [QUOTE]Am I the only on thoroughly confused by Amelia's post? Any one else?
    Posted by MeaghanandMichael[/QUOTE]

I'm highly confused.  As someone who at one time was on the receiving end of spitballs and "tard" references, I'm not sure if her and I can be friends after her comments.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_shoutouts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0c6b6265-12ab-495a-acb1-a554a3284579Post:8d42ad1d-b12b-41dc-82d1-af7a7c50ae0d">Re: Shoutouts</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shoutouts : It does seem kind of self-deprecating to say you're all idiots who choose not to use your brains so I fit right in, doesn't it?

Exactly. Plus I like to be facetious ;)
  • Options
    Where is this post you quoted? Did she already delete it?

It doesn't matter if you're in the "click" (BTW, it's "clique"), if you call someone a tard or retarded you will get called out. It has nothing to do with who you are, but what you say.
  • Options
    Amelia, I don't consider myself to be part of the in-crowd, and I'm kind of newish.  That being said I think both of your posts are ridiculous, and I find it very hard to believe that by any adults standards using that word is acceptable. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    She has a treasure trove of past posts. They're full of fabulous stories and lovely advice and grand inspiration.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    I haven't been around enough lately for anyone or anything to piss me off.

The Amelia thing was pretty ridiculous, but aside from that, I've got nothing.
    imageimage
  • Options
    Knottie I'd like to throw in a tank with sharks that have lasers attached to their heads: Amelia
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_shoutouts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:0c6b6265-12ab-495a-acb1-a554a3284579Post:5074daa7-37ec-4e45-b763-9d91fae9be4c">Re: Shoutouts</a>:
    [QUOTE]Knottie I'd like to throw in a tank with sharks that have lasers attached to their heads: Amelia
    Posted by MarriedInAFever[/QUOTE]

FTW.
    panther
  • Options
    This doesn't really belong here, but I just thought of it.

I think FFF is a bastard interpretation of what it probably started as.  Other boards do FFFC - flame free friday confessions, where you post some confession and supposedly no one can flame you about it.

Since I've been on tk I always thought that FFF made no sense if you just tear people new assholes for whatever reason.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_shoutouts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0c6b6265-12ab-495a-acb1-a554a3284579Post:880d67e2-48ce-4b6d-b8fe-e90fb09c5eb7">Re: Shoutouts</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shoutouts : Is that like smoking the drugs? I find it humorous when people talk old lady style.
    Posted by JenGin74[/QUOTE]

I guess I should type "friend". But that sounds sort of sad when type you it out.
    Photobucket aedesisgettingmarried.weebly.com
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_shoutouts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:0c6b6265-12ab-495a-acb1-a554a3284579Post:7804cd3b-cdc8-4fcc-a309-a582b4b3869e">Re: Shoutouts</a>:
    [QUOTE]Fatchunk's post was all sorts of ridiculous. But I really want to ask why she isn't having sex with her FI. I thought she was possibly saving herself. But she's a single mom. And although it's personal, I can't help but be curious.
    I always think that the whole start/stop thing is hypocritical.  I've had sex and made people, but I'm pure.  Jigga what?
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_shoutouts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:0c6b6265-12ab-495a-acb1-a554a3284579Post:a4149a44-25f1-444c-b829-95007a3998f0">Re: Shoutouts</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shoutouts : I guess I should type "friend". But that sounds sort of sad when type you it out.
    Posted by Aedes18[/QUOTE]

I was just busting your balls. It's one of those days, you know?
    imageimage
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_shoutouts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:0c6b6265-12ab-495a-acb1-a554a3284579Post:a4149a44-25f1-444c-b829-95007a3998f0">Re: Shoutouts</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shoutouts : I guess I should type "friend". But that sounds sort of sad when type you it out.
    Posted by Aedes18[/QUOTE]
    Or you could have omitted the word "the" just before FB.  After all, it's just called "Facebook" not "The Facebook."  I think that's more what PP was getting at.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_shoutouts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0c6b6265-12ab-495a-acb1-a554a3284579Post:29e70e0b-d202-4109-8d1d-fd1ff3599f83">Re: Shoutouts</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shoutouts : I always think that the whole start/stop thing is hypocritical.  I've had sex and made people, but I'm pure.  Jigga what?
    Posted by Night_Sprite[/QUOTE]

Yeaaah. I'm not sure if that's what she's doing. But I was kinda confused. And I would like to hear the logic behind it.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_shoutouts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:0c6b6265-12ab-495a-acb1-a554a3284579Post:29e70e0b-d202-4109-8d1d-fd1ff3599f83">Re: Shoutouts</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shoutouts : I always think that the whole start/stop thing is hypocritical.  I've had sex and made people, but I'm pure.  Jigga what?
    Posted by Night_Sprite[/QUOTE]

I'm going to a purity ball with my dad next week.  Be jealous.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_shoutouts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:0c6b6265-12ab-495a-acb1-a554a3284579Post:7804cd3b-cdc8-4fcc-a309-a582b4b3869e">Re: Shoutouts</a>:
    [QUOTE]Fatchunk's post was all sorts of ridiculous. But I really want to ask why she isn't having sex with her FI. I thought she was possibly saving herself. But she's a single mom. And although it's personal, I can't help but be curious.

I'm curious about this as well.
    imageimage
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_shoutouts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:0c6b6265-12ab-495a-acb1-a554a3284579Post:6b1e9ab4-0f25-42e7-a938-adfe2b42e026">Re: Shoutouts</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shoutouts : I'm going to a purity ball with my dad next week.  Be jealous.
    Posted by sucrets4[/QUOTE]
    Ooooh do you wear a purity ring too?
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_shoutouts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0c6b6265-12ab-495a-acb1-a554a3284579Post:452560f6-ca3a-43e9-93f6-1c7bffd2e400">Re: Shoutouts</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shoutouts : Or you could have omitted the word "the" just before FB.  After all, it's just called "Facebook" not "The Facebook."  I think that's more what PP was getting at.

My grandma calls everything "the computer". Ex: "Do you buy things on the computer? I saw pictures of you on the computer. I can't get on the computer." My FFIL gets everything confused and calls it the Facespace.
  • Options
    I am not going to deny a clique way of thinking prevails here sometimes, but I have to ditto PP's in that ANYone using the term "tard" or "retard" would be in for it here. This really is NOT a case of "clique bandwaggon". It is butt stupid to think you can use terms like that here (or come to think of it most anywhere nowdays!) and not get hell.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards