Snarky Brides
Options

Early Saturday

Way too early, actually. Anyone else awake yet? I've been up since about 3 and couldn't fall back asleep. This crap needs to change. I'm hoping for a nap later this morning. :) I already started laundry, too, because I finally gave up falling back asleep.

Any fun plans today? How's the weather everywhere? It sounds like it's absolutely nuts lately, all over the country.

Re: Early Saturday

• Options
    I woke up at 5:30 freaking the fvck out that my kitchen isn't clean and that if the storms hit us and we lose power we won't have a clean kitchen.. so now I am thinking about going to the gym as I got up horribly early for no reason. 

No fun plans at all. I think more cleaning and maybe some cooking. I am such a drag. 
  • Options
    Oh no! How are the storms over there? Have you guys gotten hit pretty hard too?

All these freak tornadoes are making me reconsider my snow/ice complaints.
  • Options
    We haven't gotten anything and honestly I don't even think we are going to get more than some rain, I am just a complete worrywort. I do not have the ability to not worry about things. 

I wish we could get some snow. We haven't had any this winter and it is so depressing. I wouldn't mind one nice snow and then a quick transition into spring, but oh well.

Oh christ H is attempting to make breakfast shakes. This is going to be foul I just know it. 
  • Options
    That's how our snow is shaping up :) Perfect.  We got about 6-8 inches earlier this week, which sucked for the commute in, but that was it. We've gotten a little dusting every day since. Just enough to make things look pretty again without screwing up the roads at all.  

It's supposed to be in the 50s this week, too. 
  • Options
    Morning.  I woke up when H got up for work, and now I can't go back to sleep.  It's just me and the lazy cats here.

I have no idea what's gotten into me lately, I'm completely fatigued and having mild chest pains.  I think it's just bad anxiety, but whatever it is, it's knocking me out, I got jack done last night with the exception of some dishes and one chapter of homework reading.  We're supposed to go to someone's "yay I got a better job" party tonight, once H gets out of work.  We'll see how I'm feeling then, though.

Rosie, I hope the storms pass completely by you guys :(

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Hi, Bay! How are you?? Sorry to hear you've been feeling kind of crummy.  How's the H's 'new' job? (It's obviously been awhile since I've caught up.)
  • Options
    baystateapplebaystateapple member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited March 2012
    Ha ha Steph, it's okay, you had a little peach on your mind :)

It's going well.  He's still working hellish amounts of hours but he loves the job and he got a tiny raise at the start of the year, so that made him happy.  His probation period (EMTs have six months' probation at his place of work) is over halfway done, and when it is he'll get another raise.  And I'll definitely breathe easier.

• Options
    Speaking of the peach, Steph, how are you feeling?

• Options
    Good to hear! I think we're slated to get pay raises this year too! finally. (In the 4 years I've worked on campus, we had 2 pay freezes and one furlough, ie. 3% paycut). It's only going to be like 2.5% but it's better than nothing. :)

I'm doing pretty well actually! All my m/s and tiredness eased up around week 11. Other than the stomach flu/bug thing I had last weekend, I've been doing pretty good. *knock on wood*
  • Options
    Man, I can't believe you're already at 13 weeks.  Are you going to find out the sex when the time comes?

• Options
    Hi!

The weather here is perfect.  We went out for Berkeley's morning walk, and there's a 5k/10k/half marathon going by one of the cross streets.  Berkeley didn't understand why everyone was running in a pack and didn't want to walk too close to them.

Silly dog.

Bay, feel better quickly!  Those viruses can stink.
  • Options
    Morning!

Steph - funny, but week 11 is when my m/s kicked in hard.   Glad to hear that yours is letting up.   Yay for a raise.  We're both teachers and haven't seen one in 3 years now.

Bay - you're married to a man in uniform?!  :drool:

Rosie - I was following that line of nasty storms via some FB friends yesterday adn they sounded really bad.  Hope they pass by quickly.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Options
    Ha ha, Mrs. B, I am :)  And he looks damn cute in his uniform, if I do say so.

• Options
    I know, Bay! Where the hell did the last 2 months go?! Yes, we'll find out. I'm too impatient. :)

Mica, my dogs would've tried taking off and running with the pack of people. What kind of dog do you have again?

Yeah, MrsB. I work in higher ed, so we usually deal with the same crappy state budget issues. Our new prez decided he was going to make a way to get us our COL increase this year though. I hope he sticks to his promise.
  • Options
    Steph -- she's a mutt with a lot of terrier/Schnauzer in her (poor bearded girl). 

Yay for raises!  I have a feeling that since FL is slashing my university's funding by 20% that no one here is getting a raise.  :(  Hopefully, Mrs. B, you'll get one since the governor increased K-12 funding.
  • Options
    Good morning, everyone.

It's not raining or snowing here, but it's really grey and windy (I can hear it, which is pretty bad). But at least it's not snow. My friend told me it may snow today because she knows how much I hate snow on my birthday... I feel like it should be done snowing by March. Unfortunately, I live in Ohio, so there's that.

Anyway, I'm hoping to see my dad today (I'm close with my mom and not with my dad while my sister is the exact opposite) because I haven't since Christmas and go out, considering anyone can make it. Every single person invited told me "maybe" or "if I can find a baby-sitter." Also, one of FI's friends b-days is today, so I have a feeling most of them will go over his house instead of out with us.

Oh, well. Either way, FI and I are going out. :)
    Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Steph, I would never be able to wait either.  One of my IRL friends is KU, and she says she's waiting to be surprised.  I don't have the patience!

• Options
    Bay, I never understood that reasoning. It'll still be a surprise... just 20 weeks earlier ;)
  • Options
    mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012
    I don't think I could wait either.  I don't like surprises that much.
  • Options
    I woke up a little after 4 this am because I had to pee, how convenient.  JUST as I was falling back asleep FIs alarm (445am) went off.  He forgot to turn it off for the weekend and kept accidentally hitting snooze.  Also, he was a snoring machine last night.  I moved to the couch after the dog decided she needed to go out really early this am.  Needless to say, I'm a little less than "chipper" this morning.

Steph!  I didn't notice that you were at peach status, cute :)
  • Options
    random observation, but I'm pretty sure TK just gave me extra posts... and my count on TB went down. They're really effing things up again.
  • Options
    I want to know but DH wants to wait (well, when the time comes, not KU yet) and it drives me nuts. 

Today involves the gym, cleaning (and like 4 loads of laundry), a hair cut (yay!) and then a trivia night fundraiser for MIL's work. Tomorrow we are going to watch my best guy friend cross the line at his first half marathon and then our realtors are coming over to help start the 'purge'.
  • Options
    bah, lbarr. That sucks.  H and I actually got in a lame spat last night before bed. (I had fallen asleep on the couch and he woke me up to convince me to go to bed. I was like half asleep.)  He lied down in bed like right in the middle of it. I got all pissed at him, because he's been kicking me all week in the middle of the night, so I haven't slept at all.

He got all huffy and just went and slept in the guest room downstairs. Butthead is still sleeping. I'm debating vacuuming soon just to wake him up. Irrational, but I'm annoyed that he got to sleep in today.
  • Options
    TK/TN/TB IT effing up again?  Shocker.  It's probably the bugs from removing the twitter/FB likes.

• Options
    cheeseandricecheeseandrice member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited March 2012
    Some of the girls on my local TB noticed they lost a ton of posts (like 5000+) so they were all pissed. Not to mention, the new TB looks like crap anyway.

Numbers- are you starting to get rid of stuff before you list your condo?

OH. I just went to grab my blanket so I could try and take a nap on the couch. H took it downstairs with him. grrr.
  • Options
    Steph, that sounds so much like us.  

We were supposed to possibly go register today but at this point I'm not even in the mood.  He's still in there happily snoring away.  I'm tempted to unleash the dog on him to wake him up but I think she gave us poison ivy (gross) so that would be mean.... or would it?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Yes, we have to 'depersonalize'...I have collected a lot of things in my travels, a few things I have received since the passing of my mom and maternal grandmother, and some pretty nice gifts from students. This has led to a some what eclectic cluttered look in our living room and office that I love but that is not great when you list your house. So I have to go to the liquor store to pick up some boxes and we are going to pack up my 'crap' and then take it to a friends...my husband has less 'crap', although he does have two medieval helmets on display. 
  • Options
    I must be in the minority, because I loved houses that still felt like someone lived there. It was easier to picture them as a home, you know? But then again, we looked a lot of empty houses, so that was a lot harder to visualize.

And, now my post count on TB is the same as here. They must've combined them? whatever.
  • Options
    It never bothers me to see a family's stuff still in the house, as long as things are reasonably clean (and actually, our house was pretty filthy when it was shown).  I have a harder time figuring out space issues if a place is too empty.  My realtor says I'm weird, though.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_early-saturday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:32dd77ef-d084-4272-b383-64e8322c88eePost:9e197dc3-6b81-4382-b4c6-660785aa16bd">Re: Early Saturday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I must be in the minority, because I loved houses that still felt like someone lived there. It was easier to picture them as a home, you know? But then again, we looked a lot of empty houses, so that was a lot harder to visualize. And, now my post count on TB is the same as here. They must've combined them? whatever.
    Posted by Steph+J[/QUOTE]

<div>It's so weird to think looking at an empty house, it doesn't really happen here except for in this one area that is new where some people bought from plans and are now selling without ever moving in. </div><div>
    </div><div>I don't mind houses that are full of stuff, I can see past it, but other people can't (DH has said he has struggled with it) and apparently 'staging' can make a difference. We won't have a problem selling, that isn't our issue, but if it can get us an extra couple of grand, why not.  What I can't believe is the people who don't even clean at all. We went to go see a house on Thursday night that was horriblly dirty. </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards