Kentucky

Reception locations near UK Arboretum?

Is anyone getting married at the Arboretum on the UK campus? If so, where are you having your reception? They told me that they allow weddings but not receptions. Any ideas?

Re: Reception locations near UK Arboretum?

• edited December 2011
    The Carrick house has just been completely remodeled and it's GORGEOUS!  My friend is getting married there in October and it's amazing.

HTH.  GL
    Follow Me on Pinterest Anniversary
  • edited December 2011

The Boone Center at UK is open for rental.  Tate's Creek Ballroom isn't too far away and is reasonably priced.  The Red Mile is another option, their Round Barn is a beautiful place.  Also downtown has the Bell House (for a small group) or Arts Place. 

• ebrasieebrasie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    crowne plaza we are having out there and the staff has been nothing but awesome to us. heather is the contact their and she always returns you call asap
  • cawey251cawey251 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Griffin Gate Marriott Resort and Spa does an amazing job as well.  Only located about 5-7 minutes from downtown it provide gorgeous venues from ballroom style, to formal climate controlled tents!  I had my wedding ceremony on the patio of their Bluegrass Pavilion Patio, and my reception in the permenant tent called the Bluegrass Pavilion.  Everything was perfect.
  • haleegriggshaleegriggs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think the Griffin Gate Marriott is 5-7 minutes from the Arboretum....maybe if there was not a single other car on the road.  You would have to drive through downtown Lexington and out Newtown Pike....I would say at least 15 minutes.  The Lansdowne Club is close to the Arboretum but the catering quote they gave me was $$$$.  Of course, everyone's budget is different.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards