New Hampshire
Options

Officiant Dilemma!!! Please Help!!

I had planned on asking my grandfather to marry us because I found out that great state of Massachusetts allows family/friends to be JP for a day... only problem is I fell in love with a venue in New Hampshire! And from the research I have done I do not believe that New Hampshire allows this!! Anyone know for sure if this is true or if there is a way around it?????

Re: Officiant Dilemma!!! Please Help!!

• Options
    Brandiewine11Brandiewine11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi! The only thing he can do is get "ordained" online, then you have to get a waiver from the state of NH. I was considering it, but I haven't called the state yet to verify what needs to be done. I think you can make it work, but call to be sure. Good luck!
  • Options
    Kfudge0714Kfudge0714 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great! Thanks for the help.. I'll have to look into that. I guess Masschusetts just makes it easier.. fill out an application and send them a check for $25. Please keep me posted if you if out any more info and I'll do the same! =)
  • Options
    sunshine9779sunshine9779 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I believe in NH any one can become a JP.  You need two current JPs to sign a form and a notary public.  The fee is $75.  I am having a friend officiate my ceremony and this is the route we're going.  The only hiccup for you is I am not sure if you have to be a NH resident to become a NH JP.  Best of luck and where is this venue, if I may ask.  We're still researching.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards