Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Intros!!!

Hey Brides and Grooms! Come introduce yourself!

Your Name & FI* Name:
Wedding Date:
Ceremony/Reception location:
Wedding Colors:
How long have you been together?:
How did you meet?:
What makes your FI special: ( i.e "thoughful" ,"funny", etc)

*FI-fiance or fiancee
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Intros!!!

• I'm married now but I'll play anyway :-)

Your Name & FI* Name: Jessica & Joe

Wedding Date: 9.29.12
    Ceremony/Reception location: Spring Mill Manor in Ivyland, PA
    Wedding Colors: red, black, and white
    How long have you been together?: 8 years
    How did you meet?: We grew up in the same neighborhood so we've known of each other for a long time but we ran in different circles. We really got to know each other my senior year of high school when he began dating a friend of mine. 
    What makes your FI special: ( i.e "thoughful" ,"funny", etc) Um...everything? Haha I'm not sure how to narrow this down.
    Anniversary
  • /Your Name & FI* Name: Michelle & Jason
    Wedding Date: 9/13/2013 (Friday the 13th!)
    Ceremony/Reception location: Abington Art Center (ceremony hopefully in the sculpture garden) and Beat Street Station
    Wedding Colors: Midnight blue and...tbd
    How long have you been together?: just over 4 years
    How did you meet?: We met through friends at a bar
    What makes your FI special: ( i.e "thoughful" ,"funny", etc) He's low maintenance!!!
  • Hey Brides and Grooms! Come introduce yourself!

Your Name & FI* Name: Lauren & William
    Wedding Date: 3/23/2013
    Ceremony/Reception location:  Linwood Methodist Church & Robert Melling Memorial Hall.
    Wedding Colors:  light and dark purple.
    How long have you been together?: Almost 9 years.
    How did you meet?: We went to high school together but didn't start hanging out until after graduation.
    What makes your FI special: ( i.e "thoughful" ,"funny", etc)
    There's a lot..

imageimageimage

March 2013 Board February Siggy
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lauren & William
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 152 Invited so far!
    image 100 Are ready to party!
    image 24 Will be missing out!
    image 28 Are MIA!
  • Your Name & FI* Name: Amber & Peadar (pronounced Peter)
    Wedding Date: November 2013 ( exact date being decided)
    Ceremony/Reception location:  We are doing a destination wedding in florida still working out the details :)
    Wedding Colors: Dark Red and Silver
    How long have you been together?: 3 and half years 
    How did you meet?: Through a mutual friend after my brother abandoned me at a diner with no way home. 
    What makes your FI special: ( i.e "thoughful" ,"funny", etc)  I think everything makes him special to me.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Your Name & FI* Name: Kelli and Rich
    Wedding Date: 12/31/13 - fingers crossed!
    Ceremony/Reception location: We haven't decided just yet - but probably going to be The Knowlton Mansion or French Creek Country Club
    Wedding Colors:Black, White, Silver (NYE colors) with pops of bright colors - pink, purples, blue, green in the decorations
    How long have you been together?: 3.5 years
    How did you meet?:We met on match, but he likes to tell everyone he won me on ebay!
    What makes your FI special: ( i.e "thoughful" ,"funny", etc) He's a character! He is funny, he likes to sing to me, and we just mesh very very well!
  • I'm married now but I'll play anyway too!

Your Name & FI* Name: Benita & Phil
    Wedding Date: 8.19.12
    Ceremony/Reception location: Morris Arboretum, Chestnut Hill
    Wedding Colors: Tiffany Blue, Ivory & Black
    How long have you been together?:6.5 years
    How did you meet?: We met at work.
    What makes your FI special: ( i.e "thoughful" ,"funny", etc) He has such a big heart and would give you the shirt off of his back.
    imageAnniversary
  • Your Name & FI* Name: kimberly & geoff
    Wedding Date: june 8th, 2013
    Ceremony/Reception location: DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT. (Me Talking Abot It: We had a place, but it fell thru b/c the State denied the place an alcohol permit for "private" events
    . (It was PERFECT. I cried.) We can't really afford anywhere. We kind of just need to rent someone's backyard. I am going to look at an affordable place Sunday that I really hope works out. BIG SIGH.)
    Wedding Colors: black & white (with hints of green and pink [mint & blush] b/c straight black & white is too difficult, really.)
    How long have you been together?: over two years
    How did you meet?: at a music festival!
    What makes your FI special: ( i.e "thoughful" ,"funny", etc) he's a true artist & a "nice guy", as in, a keeper. he is a romantic. not to mention handsome. =)
    kajs Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_intros-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:db25ca5a-7f28-4534-873f-18e58bb610afPost:ae933a96-a53e-4d44-8d47-ccb9d6b22ff5">Intros!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey Brides and Grooms! Come introduce yourself! Your Name & FI* Name: Wedding Date: Ceremony/Reception location: Wedding Colors: How long have you been together?: How did you meet?: What makes your FI special: ( i.e "thoughful" ,"funny", etc) *FI-fiance or fiancee
    Posted by BlissPhilly[/QUOTE]

Guess I'm still holding down the fort as the only Groom on here :).  I'll play along though.

Name and FI Name: Dave and Lisa
    Wedding Date: 4/13/2013
    Ceremony/Reception location: ceremony is Old Saint Mary's and reception is at The Down Town Club
    Wedding Colors: I think some kind of light pink/blush and gray
    How long have you been together?: 6 years (not including a short 3-month stint in high school)
    How did you meet?: We met in highschool through a mutual friend that went to a private school in 9th grade.  Dated a little bit (actually have our junior prom picture still), lost touch senior year and throughout college, reconnected after graduation.
    What makes your FI special?:  She can tolerate me!
  • ils2004ils2004 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited November 2012
    Hey Brides and Grooms! Come introduce yourself!

Your Name & FI* Name: Ivana and Dwayne
    Wedding Date:  September 21, 2013
    Ceremony/Reception location:  Inn at Barley Sheaf Farm in Holicong, PA
    Wedding Colors:  Navy and Peach (with hints of Ivory and Gold)
    How long have you been together?: 3 years
    How did you meet?: Via the interwebs on OKCupid.  Interestingly enough, I know of three other couples that met on the same site (one now married, one engaged, and one dating) 
    What makes your FI special: He's my best friend and we just have FUN together.  Plain and simple :)

*** September 2013 Siggy Challenge: Hair Inspiration ***
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Your Name & FI* Name: Mary & Jon
    Wedding Date: 8/10/13
    Ceremony/Reception location: Saint Teresa of Avila (Norristown, PA) and North Hills Country Club (Glenside, PA)
    Wedding Colors: Green & Pink
    How long have you been together?: 4+ years
    How did you meet?: We met in college at one of my sorority's "grab-a-date" functions at a bar.  He was technically someone else's date for the night but they were just there as friends and the other girl actually introduced us.
    What makes your FI special: ( i.e "thoughful" ,"funny", etc)  He can be serious when he has to be, but is still fun and silly for my young nieces.
  • edited November 2012
    Im also Married now but here ya go!! 

Your Name & FI* Name: Colleen & Neal
    Wedding Date: 09/22/2012
    Ceremony/Reception location: Saint Anastasia Church/Concordville Inn
    Wedding Colors: Pink/brown
    How long have you been together?: 8 years
    How did you meet?: Acme Markets
    What makes your FI special:( i.e "thoughful" ,"funny", etc) Thoughtful, Loving, Sweetest man  have ever known
  • Your Name & FI* Name: Renee & Joe
    Wedding Date: 10/12/13
    Ceremony/Reception location: The Down Town Club
    Wedding Colors: red, peach, ivory and gold
    How long have you been together?: about 3 years
    How did you meet?: We performed in a play together (so I guess we met at work!)
    What makes your FI special: ( i.e "thoughful" ,"funny", etc) He's hilarious and so kind. He is the best man I know.
  • Your Name & FI* Name: Cecily & Eric
    Wedding Date: September 13, 2013
    Ceremony/Reception location: Curtis Park, Wyncote, PA
    Wedding Colors: Haven't decided
    How long have you been together?: 2 Years
    How did you meet?: At Church
    What makes your FI special: He get the real me.
  • Your Name & FI* Name: Jenny & Andre
    Wedding Date: 5/3/2014 (I hope!)
    Ceremony/Reception location: Just starting to look.  I am very interested in the Talamore Country Club in Ambler
    Wedding Colors: Light blues & purples
    How long have you been together?: 3 years not including the 6 months we dated at the end of our senior year of high school & freshman year of college
    How did you meet?: At my 1st job when we were 16.
    What makes your FI special: ( i.e "thoughful" ,"funny", etc). We are just so silly together :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Your Name & FI* Name: Nikol & Stephen
    Wedding Date: December 13, 2013 (If we can pull it together in time and on budget!)
    Ceremony/Reception location: TBD (Crazy I know)
    Wedding Colors: Red, Black, Platinum
    How long have you been together?: 3 months
    How did you meet?: We worked a concert together
    What makes your FI special: ( i.e "thoughful" ,"funny", etc) he's the notes in my song, the sheet music to my soundtrack - he's the one!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • JMags1981JMags1981 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2013
    In Response to Intros!!!:
    Your Name & FI* Name: Jessica and Mike
     Wedding Date: Sometime in Fall 2014
    Ceremony/Reception location: Still trying to figure that out
     Wedding Colors: Purple, Silver and Black
    How long have you been together?: 2 1/2 years
    How did you meet?: Through mutual friends at a concert
    What makes your FI special: ( i.e "thoughful" ,"funny", etc): He's thoughtful, funny, goofy, smart, honest, and trustworthy.  Most importantly, he loves me for who I am and accepts me just that way.

• Your Name & FI* Name: Amy and Tim  (or T & A as we go)
    Wedding Date: August 24, 2013
    Ceremony/Reception location: St. Paul's in East Norriton/ Normandy Farms
    Wedding Colors: yellow and red
    How long have you been together?:3 years
    How did you meet?:okcupid.com
    What makes your FI special: a la jerry mcguire, he completes me.
  • edited March 2013
    Your Name & FI* Name: Megan & Aaron
    Wedding Date: 6/30/13
    Ceremony/Reception location: The Kimberton Inn - Kimberton PA
    Wedding Colors: Dark purple and lime green
    How long have you been together?: It'll be 9 years in April!
    How did you meet?: In college at band camp haha :)
    What makes your FI special: ( i.e "thoughful" ,"funny", etc) He's pretty hilarious and can always put me in a better mood no matter what!
  • Your Name & FI* Name: Sonia & Robert
    Wedding Date: 10/04/2014
    Ceremony/Reception location: Carriage House Restaurant & Conference Center in West Chester, PA
    Wedding Colors: Red & Black but it's a Nightmare Before Christmas Jack & Sally themed wedding. 
    How long have you been together?: September 30th, 2013 but have been friends for over a decade. He's been very patiently waiting for me to realize he's everything I have ever wanted.
    How did you meet?: Tech Ed Class...sort of...we both sat in the same seat but he had the class before mine and a couple of weeks after school started I saw someone had written "hi" on the desk and I wrote "hi back" and we had a conversation on the desk for the rest of the year. We never knew it was each other until Facebook came along and we reconnected after I had moved to Florida.
    What makes your FI special: ( i.e "thoughful" ,"funny", etc) EVERYTHING! He's a man's man but treats me like a queen. I have never felt so safe and loved in my entire life. 
  • Your Name & FI* Name: ali and steve
    Wedding Date: october 5, 2013
    Ceremony/Reception location: john james audubon center
    Wedding Colors: pale pink, white, grey/silver
    How long have you been together?: 4.5 years
    How did you meet?: in college
    What makes your FI special: ( i.e "thoughful" ,"funny", etc) he can always make me laugh and how much he truly loves me (and my family...i love that!)
  • Already Married....

Your Name & FI* Name: Wendy and Sean

Wedding Date: September 29, 2012

Ceremony/Reception location: Radnor Valley Country Club in Villanova

Wedding Colors: Chocolate Brown and Ivory with Yellow Accents

How long have you been together?: 5 Years

How did you meet?: He lived next door to my grandparents when we were growing up

What makes your FI special: ( i.e "thoughful" ,"funny", etc)  Everything.  :)

image 211 Invited image 153 Ready to Party image 58 Are Missing Out Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Your Name & FI* Name: Jenn & Simon
    Wedding Date: August 23, 2014
    Ceremony/Reception location: Northampton Valley Country Club in Richboro, PA
    Wedding Colors: Plum and dark grey
    How long have you been together?: 5 years
    How did you meet?: Online
    What makes your FI special: ( i.e "thoughful" ,"funny", etc) He can ALWAYS make me laugh
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards