New York

Pratt's Falls

I tried this a couple of months ago and didn't get many responses.  I"m getting married at Pratt's falls on 5/22.  I am looking for any other Pratt's Falls brides who might be interested in going in together on wedding items.  I figure that a lot of us would be decorating it kind of similarly and anything to cut costs will help.  Plus, it'd be fun to hear what other's are planningto do with the place.  I think its so beautiful and has so many possibilities. 

Re: Pratt's Falls

• SSBT2010SSBT2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at Camp Brockway on Sept. 11th. We already have all of our decorations. We are going to keep it pretty simple, because the lodge looks so beautiful already with all of the wood.  My FMIL is doing something for the mantel of the fireplace. Other then that we are going to decorate it like the one picture on the website.  The one with the white lights covered with the sheer fabric, and we are going to have the tables square like in the picture. ( I guess you do this by putting two of them together.)
  • PeanutsCLPeanutsCL member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Camp Brockway on 10/9/10. I've got mots of my decorations purchased already. I'm also decorating it similarly to the picture on the website with the christmas lights and material from the beams and the tables pushed together. My wedding is going to be fuchsia & black, so I'm using table cloths and tulle to match. On the mantle over the fireplace I'm doing some tulle, christmas lights, and candles. 

I also plan on making some of these guys to hang around for decoration...
    http://www.marthastewartweddings.com/photogallery/paper-and-fabric-flowers?#slide_8

So exciting to see other Pratt's Falls brides! I'm planning on tying the knot just outside the lodge if it's nice enough out, and if it's not then right inside by the fireplace. I assume that's what you all are doing too? I'd love some alternative ideas if you have them.

Also, we're having Dinosaur BBQ cater, so its going to be pretty laid back but fun, I hope.
  • SSBT2010SSBT2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Peanuts, that is our plan too. To get married right outside if it's nice out or by the fireplace if it isn't. Dinosaur BBQ is an awesome choice. I love their food!! We are doing candles and fake leaves for the center pieces to keep it looking kind of rustic and romantic.
  • Kimmerss2Kimmerss2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey everyone, I'm new to the boards...and just found our location...PRATT'S FALLS! but our orignal theme was the beach/star fish...and I don't think that really goes well for the rustic look of the camp...any ideas?? I don't like fall too much, and we're getting married on May 12th...2012 though!! any ideas?? I'd love to see pictures of the other Pratt's Falls weddings!
  • VConnell25VConnell25 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kimmerss2 - I see your wedding was planned out far in advance.  Was that because of the availability at the location or other reasons?

I plan on taking a look at the place soon.  :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    ZOMBIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Surprised
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Oh good god! Why in the hell are you bringing up threads from over a year ago?!?!

None of these people post here anymore. Common sense people. Geez!

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
  • edited December 2011
    ::headslap:: Was I rude AGAIN?! And here I thought I was being honest. Dang it.

The thread is over a year old. She joined over a yr ago and has posted 4 times. Common sense says shes not posting here anymore. If you have questions about Pratts Falls start a new thread. If that girl was still here, she'd probably answer. If not, others will.

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards