Maine

Roll Call...

I'm noticing some new names, YAY!
Things have been slow here since they updated the format of the site, but I'm so happy to see some newbies!
Let's introduce ourselves to make everyone feel welcome.

I'm Mel, my DH is Glenn.  We're 33 and 35.   We just got married in October, after being together for almost 6.5 years!  I'm a legal assistant, he's a math teacher.  We live in Dover, NH with our 2 cats, and are enjoying married life so far. 

Re: Roll Call...

• edited December 2011
    I'm still trying to check in around here every once in awhile. I've been having some issues with the site since they changed the format, but I'll try to keep popping in from time to time!

I'm Liza, DH is Sean. We got married on 9/12/09 in Rome, ME. We live in Portland with our two dogs, he works for Key Bank and I work for AAA.
  • edited December 2011
    Great idea! I'm Mindy, FI is Will, and we got engaged in April. Our wedding is June 12 at Shawnee Peak in Bridgton. We live in the southern Midcoast area.

We've got lots of the major things booked for the wedding, but I'm realizing there are lots of little things left to be done. I haven't done much wedding stuff for the past month or so, but plan to get back on it after the New Year, so I'll probably be back on here more asking questions and getting advice.

Welcome to all the new people!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I haven't been checking in as much, either.  The new Knot runs a lot slower, even without the Knot tv.  I try to pop by when I get a minute, but it's been awfully busy lately.

I'm Allie and DH is Walker.  We're 23 and 24 and we also just got married this October.  I'm a paralegal and he is a copy editor.  We live in Yarmouth with our two cats and are very glad to be back to "normal" after the holidays and wedding planning.  We're looking forward to just relaxing and spending some quality time with each other.
    Knitting Blog
    Updated 3-12
  • edited December 2011
    Hi everyone! I'm new here and just beginning to think about all of the planning.

I'm Paula and FI is Anthony. We have been engaged for about a week now, but we've been together for 4 and a half years. We are both 21 and are thinking about August 2011 for the wedding. :) I still have no idea about venue or anything, but I'm excited to start looking. We're from Bath, but live in Waterville right now.
  • Torir911Torir911 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm Tori & my Fi is Eric. We live in Portland... getting married in Portland... I'm 25 (almost 26) and he's 28. I work for a publishing company in South Portland and he works at a tv station in Westbrook. We're getting married 10-02-10 & have been together for 2 and 1/2 years. He proposed on the two year anniversary of our first date :)
  • kcole5244kcole5244 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Everyone!

I am Kalie, and my future husband(!) is Matt. I am 23 and he is 26, we have been together foe 6 years; since I was a senior in high school! We have been living together for 2 years and he proposed to me on Christmas morning this year! I work at an upscale restuaraunt in downtown portland and he works at a TV station in Portland. We plan to get married on 09.10.11.

I can't quite figure out this site. I wan't to put up a picture, etc. And I also don't know the lingo (DH, FI, etc.).. Any help would be great.

I am really excited to be part of the Knot and look forward to the wedding planning process.Laughing
  • jena.n.rossjena.n.ross member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DH= Dear (or damn, depending on the context:) hubby
    FI= fiance

Ross and I (I'm jena) have been together for 5.5 years now; he proposed at sunrise on our fifth anniversary in Bar Harbor.  I'm 27, and Ross is 28; we're both servers and students here in Bangor.

We have always talked about a fall wedding, and are looking at Oct2010.  Our plan was to get a nice weekly rental and stay there with all the people that flew in for the wedding... However..... after spending a month in negotiations with a venue, only to have it fall through (owner kept tacking new fees on).  I've placed venue finding "completely" in Ross's hands.  He was the one that wanted the big wedding, and I'm the one stressing and planning it all.  My current plan is to try and talk him into "eloping," earlier in the year (May-ish) to Scotland and  honeymoon... then coming back and doing something smaller-scale (and lower-key) for a reception.  We'll see.  

I've just hit this place where... I don't know.  I want to be married, but I don't want to GET married.  It's not worth the stress and the money to throw some big party for your family and friends to attend, on a day that's supposed to be about the couple.  I like the idea of planning a wedding, if I had a reasonable budget.  Plus, I wanted a smaller scale wedding to begin with.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

**Current VistaPrint Groupon - $17 gets you $70(good 'til 11/8)**

**New project in the works: Follow my Twitter for more Groupon (etc) deals!**

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Bio ~ A Bride's Guide to VistaPrint * www.vistaprint-goddess.weebly.com

"In my book you're a VistaPrint goddess" --Hannah

Photobucket

• edited December 2011
    I'm Sarah, my FI is Donny we have been together for 3 years this month and have been engaged for about 9 months. We are getting married August 7, 2010. We live in Leeds.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi everyone,

I'm Kelly and FI is Matt. We've been engaged for almost 2 years and were planning on having our wedding on June 5, but because of some financial reasons we had to push the date back to October 2. I'm so ready to be done with the planning and stress. We're getting married in Wells and we currently live in Bangor.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Im Heidi and FH is Joey.  I am going to be 35 next month and Joey is 43.  We have 2 beautiful boys, and have been together for 5.5 years.  We were friends for 10 years before that though.
    We are (or should I say I am lol) planning our wedding for August 7th.  We are getting married in NH as that is where my entire family is.  We live in Oxford ME.
    I am very excited because my dress is supposed to be in next month and I can't wait to see it and try it on as I purchased it without ever trying a sample first...
  • edited December 2011
    Hi I'm Rebecca my FI is Matt we have been together about 4 1/2 years now and are planning a september 17th 2011 wedding in Madison, ME. We got engaged last November.  We live in the Bangor area
  • Gina MaeGina Mae member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hi I am Gina and Fi is travis, I am 25 will be 26 in March and Fi is 27.  We are plannigng an October 09 wedding for THIS YEAR!  feels great to finally be able to say this year.  We have everything but the florist book, and are now working on the details!  Cant wait to finally be married!
  • AngelSmittyAngelSmitty member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi!  I'm Sarah, and my DH and I got married 7/25/09!  So far married life has been great...we were married in Portland (ceremony at the immanuel Baptist Church, reception at the Eastland Park Hotel) but we live up in Bangor.  I pop in every now and then, but if anyone needs any suggestions for a baker, florist, location, etc. for a Portland wedding or a travel agent for a honeymoon, I'd love to give out the contact info for who we used!  Just email me at angelsmitty at hotmail! :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm Christine, FI is Paul.  I'm 25 and he's 24.  We've been together 6 years and got engaged right before our 5 year anniversary. We just bought our first home in Lewiston.  FI is a mechanical engineer in Portland and I work for a large bank doing behind the scenes work.  We're planning our wedding for October 2, 2010 in Lewiston.
    Christine & Paul- October 2, 2010
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

My Bio
  • krisdoug13krisdoug13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm Kristin, FI is Doug we are 24 and 27 both from Aroostook County.  He is an electrician/instrumentation tech at a local mill, I am a medical student, planning on becoming an emergency room physician.  He still lives up there, I'm down in Scarborough (I attend UNECOM).  Once I've completed my education I will be moving back up there - which is why he didn't move down with me.  We've been together for 8 years, we met at one of my high school ski races at Sunday river (his sister raced with me)...which is also where he proposed last March Smile.  We are planning a July 2011 wedding, slowly looking at venues but haven't locked into anything as we don't have a completed guest list yet!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm Kaitlyn and my FI is David. I work at a manufacturing company in Sanford that is rapidly growing and David is a student. I'm very very new to the site but looking for ways to budget for our wedding. David and I met in college and started dating after he went for his graduate degree. He goes to the University of Maine School of Law. We've been together two years and David gave me the shock of a lifetime when he proposed. I just never thought I would get married so young! I'm 22 now and will be 24 when we get married (July 2011) and he'll be 27. We're planning for a huge wedding in Portland (which is where D's from and likely where we'll live after the wedding) and I am nervous about everything wedding related but pretty excited too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards