Christian Weddings

Prayer Request!

Okay, so I just told all about this in my #1 under Weekly Recaps, but could you pray about Ryan getting a job? For details you can read that, but in summary he's gotten a job offer and the salary is sooo close to what we need, but not quite there and he's going in tomorrow (our tonight since he's in India) to negotiate. If they come up at all it'll probably be enough and once that happens we can start moving forward with our lives!
My blog
"I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV

Re: Prayer Request!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_prayer-request-29?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:7bad6dfa-474b-4c34-9b7d-8baad4ba57fbPost:005f6002-3141-43ec-8fdf-c7ff920300a0">Prayer Request!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Okay, so I just told all about this in my #1 under Weekly Recaps, but could you pray about Ryan getting a job? For details you can read that, but in summary he's gotten a job offer and the salary is sooo close to what we need, but not quite there and he's going in tomorrow (our tonight since he's in India) to negotiate. If they come up at all it'll probably be enough and once that happens we can start moving forward with our lives!
    Posted by RyansBelovedBride[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Is it something he can take to get by with? Or room for promotions soon after?</div>
    PostCeremony-131.1
  • There's always some room for promotions in India but whether they'll happen...

When we get married and I move to India, I can't legally work for the first year. I bring with me some American sized college debt. So we've worked out the numbers to find a base price we can survive on during that first year, and he has to be making that by the time we marry.  You can't count on promotions. The last job he had he tried to leave in May but wasn't able to actually get out until August because he had to have numerous meetings with superiors, fill out an application for resignation, and then have his TWO MONTHS of notice begin once the application was accepted. You can't just quit the way you can here. So we don't want to start with a filler job and then have that whole nightmare happen again... but we really need an income! 
    My blog
    "I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV
  • Ash61612Ash61612 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited March 2012
    praying!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Praying! :)

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • He got it!!! He'll be paid a little over our minimum. He starts on the 9th. :)

Thanks for your prayers.
    My blog
  • Fantastic! So happy it worked out for you!
    PostCeremony-131.1
  • That's wonderful!
  • Glad it worked out!  How does this affect your short-term plans?
  • Short-term? Not much different. We've kind of been planning in "If he gets a job right away, the plan is X" and readjusting every few weeks when he hadn't gotten a job.

We're just rejoicing right now. Soon we'll sit down and make more concrete plans. He won't get his first paycheck until May (he starts April 9th, and they only pay once a month, so we'll get a paycheck first week of May) so while now there will be income coming in, we've got more than a month before it happens.
    My blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards