Wedding Party
Options

When??

My BM's dresses have been in for a month, my wedding is May 16. 
When should the BM make their 1st dress fitting?

Re: When??

• Options
    They could do it 2 weeks before the wedding if they wanted. Bm dress alterations don't take very long.
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • Options
    It's all up to them.   I'd just give them the dresses if you have them and they can figure it out.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_when?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:32a4479f-c995-4191-8f41-1321bc6d08ccPost:116f923f-aae1-4113-a18a-4ebfeca8348b">Re: When??</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's all up to them.   I'd just give them the dresses if you have them and they can figure it out.
    Posted by banana468[/QUOTE]

This, please!
  • Options
    Whenever is convenient for them.  This is not anything that you need to worry about. Don't micromanage.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    Yup, totally up to them when to schedule and do their alterations. Some girls might want to wait until closer, esp if their weight is fluctuating (dieting or so on).  But it's not something you need to worry about. I'm sure they'll get their alterations done and be looking lovely for May 16th.  Wink
    The Bump ate my signature. DD - Apr 2011 DS - expected June 2013
  • Options
    Whenever they have time for it.  The shop where they're getting the alterations done should have a better idea of the necessary timeline.  FWIW, I think Meg's sister didn't go in for fittings until something like three days before the wedding, so your girls have plenty of time.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_when?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:32a4479f-c995-4191-8f41-1321bc6d08ccPost:116f923f-aae1-4113-a18a-4ebfeca8348b">Re: When??</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's all up to them.   I'd just give them the dresses if you have them and they can figure it out.
    Posted by banana468[/QUOTE]

<div>This.  When I've been a BM, I've just had alterations done with my dry cleaner (who does normal alterations stuff for me day to day).  She takes about a week to turn around.  Your BMs probably have someone already that they plan to use, and have an idea of how long it will take.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards