Virginia

Fall Wedding Ideas

ok, so I need a serious swift kick to get started...it's not that I don't want to get married, I just am dragging my feet for the planning...ugghh.. I need some serious help and ideas on how to make a gorgeous fall wedding inexpensive. I have always wanted black and cream or champagne for colors, but am worried it won't go well with the brilliant fall colors.  Someone please helpppppp....my wedding is in 7 months and I only have the date and a church...yikes!!

Re: Fall Wedding Ideas

• edited December 2011
    i think the black & cream colors would be great....you could have your bouqets w/maroon,yellows,oranges to pick up the fall colors. your reception could have black linens on the tables w/candles and centerpieces playing off the colors in your bouquet. as a photographerm, i love shooting weddings w/black as a base color. makes the flowers, etc pop in color. you definitely want to start shopping for a reception venue. i've seen sooooo many bookings come in for sept & oct...it's like those 2 months are the new june! which then means you need to get it in gear for a  photographer...good ones book months in advance (i'm already booking for NEXT year!) what area in va are you in?
  • zaneopalzaneopal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Black and cream go with everything. One of my friends got married in October of this past year and her bouquet had a lot of orange and dark red flowers, mimicking fall colors. It'll look fantastic against black and cream.

My best suggestion would be to find a venue you don't have to decorate too much -- something that's gorgeous already and you won't have to add to it. That'll save some money.
  • edited December 2011
    Black and cream would look beautiful!  And I don't think it really matters how your colors match the time of year...no one really seems to mind lol.
    "This is the most extraordinary thing about motherhood - finding a piece of yourself separate and apart that all the same you could not live without." ? Jodi Picoult Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • burnsbabyburnsbaby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds beautiful! It'll make your colors pop!
    "I love you.. even when you're sick and look disgusting!" -Love Actually
    My Planning Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards