Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Upper/Mid-Cape ceremony sites

I was wondering if anyone knows of any a la carte ceremony venues, preferably with a water view? It seems like most places need you to book the reception in order to use their ceremony spaces.

See I found my dream reception venue in Sandwich, but I'm really unhappy with their ceremony site. I'm okay using it as a backup in case of rain, but ideally I want something else. I've been researching beach weddings but it's been difficult figuring out each town's rules and regulations regarding weddings. They all have different size limits and rules on chairs and parking. It seems complicated.

We're not terribly religious so we'd prefer not a church, but at this rate we may need to go that route. I'm planning to have the wedding in late Sept with about 120 guests. Any advice?

Re: Upper/Mid-Cape ceremony sites

• shoreshotz1shoreshotz1 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    nobska light in woods hole.  spohr gardens, falmouth ma
    The Flying Bridge in falmouth also has an outside tent right on the harbor, really nice.
  • Lobsters25Lobsters25 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hm, I'd say either settle on a beach location and learn that town's specific rules (most are fairly easy) - it's less daunting when you're look at every town's rules vs just learning one town.
    Otherwise, the Cape is LOADED with Unitarian churches.  Since you're not very religious, a Unitarian parish might fit nicely into the day without making you feel out of place.
    A couple other options - 
    -Rent a house on the water and have the ceremony there - there are rental agencies that cater to such an occasion, and will help you find a house where it's allowed
    -Look to see if that location in Sandwich has another piece of land or space that you like better, and see if they'll let you have the ceremony there.
    -Have the ceremony where you want the reception, if there's somewhere else you can do cocktails so that they can flip the room

Or, finally, move further down the Cape and look for more places!

Good luck!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    i wonder if you can check into the Grist Mill on the pond thee or maybe the Thornton Burgess museum there.    
    Do you have a lot of people coming? 
  • edited December 2011
    Oops I see the number now... sorry. There is also the sandwich boardwalk...
  • XmasSweetie24XmasSweetie24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Town Neck Beach is Gorgeous and right near the boardwalk, you have jetties, the ocean, and saltmarshes, beautiful picutre opps! Good Luck!!
  • XmasSweetie24XmasSweetie24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Town Neck Beach is in Sandwich BTW..sorry I didn't put that in the first post..My bad :)

• ShelneShelne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the advice! These are all great ideas. I'm definitely going to go check out Town Neck Beach and the Boardwalk and the other public places around Sandwich like the Grist Mill and Hoxie House.

I hadn't even thought about renting a beach house... I'll have to do some investigating into the parking and Sat-Sat rental situation, but if I can work that through, that might be the perfect solution.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Shelne-
    Congrats to you and best of luck planning your dream wedding! I'm from CT and my fiance and I are getting married at The Popponesset Inn. It's located in Mashpee (New Seabury) and an awesome venue. The room sits directly on the beach- 50ft from the water. I fell in love with the place when we went to view it. Just a suggestion if you're looking for the beach view- you cant get much better than this, as your entire backdrop for the wedding is the beach! Sealed 

They also have a country club- with views of the water from a distance, but the Inn is definitely for a BEACH wedding!

-Deanna
  • edited December 2011
    Not sure if they do ceremony's only- but it's worth a shot to check them out!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-cape-cod_uppermid-cape-ceremony-sites?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:94Discussion:585adb00-157a-46d7-ae3e-748476d33831Post:78b93cd6-23d9-4ca0-a40f-01cc529a65dd">Re: Upper/Mid-Cape ceremony sites</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for the advice! These are all great ideas. I'm definitely going to go check out Town Neck Beach and the Boardwalk and the other public places around Sandwich like the Grist Mill and Hoxie House. I hadn't even thought about renting a beach house... I'll have to do some investigating into the parking and Sat-Sat rental situation, but if I can work that through, that might be the perfect solution.
    Posted by Shelne[/QUOTE]

I just want to let you know (the other knotties didn't post) that both locations require a permit!! I'm getting pictures taking there before my wedding for the first look and our cordinator told us we must have a permit (also enables us to kick out any other wedding that day). This is just for the photos so I'm sure for the wedding ceremony it's required as well! The grist mill also has a key during off season too!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio/Blog 151 Invitedimage 108 Yes!image 22 No :-(image 21 Are turning me into a bridezilla!image RSVP Date Sept. 16
  • edited December 2011
    East Bay Grille in Plymouth has an awesome tent set up that can be done and accomodate the amount of guests you have. It's right on the Ocean and there is a hotel across the street {Radisson??} for guests.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards