Rhode Island

Checking out Cakes

I would love to have a simple fall cake, nothing over the top and budget friendly, if possible. Has anyone had their cake done by Scialos bakery in Seekonk or Pamela's Bakery in Pawtucket. I know some brides have a grooms cake also, but we are fine with just one. A cupcake cake was another option, but I think I am more of a traditional bride.

Re: Checking out Cakes

• edited December 2011
    My brother had his cake done by Scialo's.  They loved it, but it was only a top layer that was real, the rest of the cake was a dummy.  They had a dessert included in their package, so they opted out of doing a cake for everyone.  I believe they paid about $100 for the cake and decor of it, so that's an option too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011

I have heard of scialo's but never used them for anything....we are doing cupcakes with a little cake for us to cut. we booked sweet indulgence in warwick for this. i have tried cupcakes from alllll over and these are by far the best. we tried scrumptions, cupcakes charlie's, its my party, sweet cakes, you name it. i think for a regular cake - i would try la salle bakery in prov though. had some of their stuff while working in prov for corporate events - loved it!

• RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have heard good things about Scialo's bakery. I also like Wright's Dairy Farm because their cakes are always delicious and fairly affordable. Sin Desserts also makes yummy cakes with real butter cream frosting - the subtle meringue kind. I've order special occasion cakes from them in the past. They are a little pricey but that is if you want a very elaborate design. Buttercream cakes tend to be less expensive than fondant.  We also went the cupcake route with a dessert buffet. Tipsy Cupcakes in North Providence made alcoholic infused cupcakes and a top tier for us along with fruit parfaits, cheesecakes, tarts, ect. 

• edited December 2011
    we're using The Bakery Boutique in Smithfield, very affordable and amazing work!!! Hope this helps!
  • kibo8kibo8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Scialo's is in the plaza I work in! I've never seen a wedding cake by them, but i've seen plenty of other event cakes by them and they are great, not to mention extremely tasty!
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Awsome Sweets in Pawtucket. She is awesome and her cakes are delicious. Our cake is going to be 4 tiers all cake and a sheet cake as well for our 300 guests it only costs us 600 which i thought was a pretty good price.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards