Indiana-Indianapolis

DO NOT USE ROGUE ART PHOTOGRAPHY

Buyer Beware! They make promises they do not keep!!! 
Brian was nice, but Amy only cared about their bottom line, and getting their clients' money. That is it.
(1) Called less than one hour before engagement photo session, to say they could not make it. I was in stylist's chair getting finishing touches on hair done. And was out the $$ to their lack of professionalism.
(2) Called to collect their payments, but NEVER called to talk about what I wanted for my pictures.
(3) Refused to have a final meeting to go over details.
(4) The 1st question they asked us as soon as they got out of their car on day of wedding " How long do you want us to stay?"
(5) Did not get requested photos
(6) Did not get my pictures to me by date on contract- I had to call and ask for them.
(7) Did not get everything that was listed in contract- and upon calling them, they made no attempts to make it right

Re: DO NOT USE ROGUE ART PHOTOGRAPHY

• Wow! According to their website, their wedding services start at $3500--I can't believe they gave you such awful service!
    Maybe you [and/or your husband] should have a conversation with them about what happened, or perhaps email them. I personally hate confrontation, but the complaints you listed are pretty big!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Anniversary
  • This is Brian from Rogue Art Photography and I would like to respond to some of the comments stated above. First off we are incredibly sorry that any client is anything but ecstatic about their pictures and we take every concern to heart. It truly does make us sick that you feel this way, but again I did want to address the things that you said.

1. We were able to shoot a full engagement session.  After the engagement session they said that they would like an additional, shorter session to capture some of the turning leaves in their yard.  Canceling a photo shoot is something we've never done in 4 years of business and we are sorry that it happened. But the circumstances surrounding it were that my wife Amy was having a pancreatic attack and I had to drive her to the hospital to which she was later admitted for a few days. We tried to reschedule soon after but schedules conflicted and weren't able to. We called as soon as we got off the phone with the doctors letting us know that we needed to go to the hospital.

2. We tell all our clients that we are just a phone call or e-mail away. If anything changes, you have any questions, concerns or updates to your wedding or your ideas for the day PLEASE call us. In the months leading up to the wedding the phone number that we were originally given was no longer in use and e-mail correspondence was sporadic so after acquiring a new phone number we were able to talk.

3. Like I said, we love meeting with clients, and it is usually (but not always) the case that we try to meet 30 days before to collect the last payment and talk details. A majority of the correspondence at this point was just through e-mail. We received the wedding day schedule through e-mail and a final meeting was never requested so we assumed that everything was ok.

4. We did ask that question when we arrived. We also had some other questions regarding the time schedule that we wanted to clear up before the day got going. As with all wedding days we want to all be on the same page.

5. We try extremely hard to get absolutely every single angle to the wedding day that we can. We tried our hardest to get every image that you wanted and more.

6. The online gallery was two days late in being uploaded. We were working hard to get them up on the date the contract stated and am sorry that we were two days late.

7. The contract did state that they were to receive a canvas print of their favorite wedding image. We were waiting on their approval as to the picture they wanted for their canvas. But after talking to them on the phone, it was agreed that they no longer wanted the canvas but rather a DVD of all the un-edited images. This is usually something that we never do, but because of the situation and wanting to make it right we sent out a DVD of the images free of charge to them. 

Again, we are very sad that they feel this way, and truly feel bad that this was their experience with Rogue Art Photography,

Brian  

• I know Amy personally and know for a fact she would do anything she could to help a client.

She had never met my fiancé, but saw him at his place of employment and recognized him saying, "Oh my goodness!! You're Marci's fiancé!!" She's a very sweet woman, and often has meetings with clients where I work. (At a local Starbucks.) She is always there WAY early and is prepping so much she didn't notice that I was behind the counter and walking by her frequenty.

They are wonderful people. I am sorry to hear that someone had a negative experience, but this is by no means something that is a contiuous situation. I would have loved to book them.

(Unfortunately their beginning prices were the total budget for our wedding and couldn't book them. I love your work though, Brian!!)
    Photobucket .:.Marci.:.
    image Of 155 invited:
    image 74 Will rock out the night!
    image 11 Are party poopers!
    image 70 Are procrastinators!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Rogue Art is one of the best photography companies in the Midwest.  They are incredibly passionate and incredibly talented.  They are also human (with pancreases) and make mistakes.I would recommend Rogue Art to ABSOLUTELY ANYONE. EVER.

I'm not sorry you had a "bad" experience.   Before hiring a photographer for anything in the future, I suggest having a meeting and comparing your personalities with the potential photographer. It's very important to have as much in common as possible with anyone you're hiring for such a huge occasion. If you are uptight with a left-brain business mentality, Rogue Art is not for you because they are artistic, whimsical and right-brained. 

Which is perfect (according to my right brain).
  • sfstangsfstang member
    First Comment
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_indiana-indianapolis_do-not-use-rogue-art-photography?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:611Discussion:f880ac2c-6ab4-4a90-8f12-0328ef458100Post:bcfa85f5-7827-4830-ae8c-04e139a4662d">Well, now.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Rogue Art is one of the best photography companies in the Midwest.  They are incredibly passionate and incredibly talented.  They are also human (with pancreases) and make mistakes.I would recommend Rogue Art to ABSOLUTELY ANYONE. EVER.  I'm not sorry you had a "bad" experience.   Before hiring a photographer for anything in the future, I suggest having a meeting and comparing your personalities with the potential photographer. It's very important to have as much in common as possible with anyone you're hiring for such a huge occasion. If you are uptight with a left-brain business mentality, Rogue Art is not for you because they are artistic, whimsical and right-brained.  Which is perfect (according to my right brain).
    Posted by mysi[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your interest in my post on Rogue Art Photography.  I am not judging them as people, only as the wedding photographers that I hired and paid money to.   It has nothing to do with right or left brain...sorry.  I did months of research for best wedding photographers to fit our style, and on my findings I chose Rogue Art.  They fell through on obligations and did not meet deadlines they put on their contract. That behavior is not artistic and whimsical- it is unprofessional and bad business. I am sure they are great people, but as hired wedding photographers, they were a let down.  I paid more money, expecting higher quality, fun and artistic shots.... but at the end I was made to feel like my day was an after-thought.  And any bride-to-be has the right to know what type of service to expect if they hire Rogue Art for their wedding day photographer.  I am just a consumer choosing to share my individual experience- I paid hard earned money for a service that was sub par.  
  • It is truly sad that you had a bad experience with Rogue Art Photography. I have yet to have my pictures done and let me say I talk to Amy weekly about things. She is so nice, so sincere and truly such an amazing person. I have yet to even meet her in person is the amazing thing! :) Just by a few phone calls and text messages she has put my mind completely at ease about things and she has made me so comfortable in putting my complete confidence in both her and Brian. Also, not once did she EVER mention money to me. It is so hard now a days to find someone to talk on the phone with for more than a few minutes especially when you have no clue who they are. My very first phone convo lasted over an hour with Amy and I couldn't have been more excited from that phone call to have them be apart of my day! Things happen in life that we can't control. And honestly from them cancelling ONE session in their entire time is an awesome thing to say.. I am a cosmetologist and people cancel on me all the time.. and sometimes I have to cancel on them, it happens. Illness comes up, death, and other circumstances that sometimes we just can't overcome. For one person to take the time out of their day and come onto the knot to say things like them not being professional and sub par is such a slap in the face for them and for the people who know and have had amazing experiences with them. They work hard at everything they do. And if the pictures come on TWO days late... holy cow that means they are making everything perfect for you! As for the wedding pictures and them being "sub par" quite frankly I have a feeling you already had the instinct in your mind of how they would be based on previous events that happened (like the engagement session and the TWO days late on posting of the pictures). I know when something negative happens, naturally you have hostillity towards the person that brought that upon you. For the pictures ACTUALLY being sub par... I have not seen one picture out of their albums and website that I did not go gaga over. They have such an amazing eye and such a passion for what they do that its so hard not to see that in their pictures. I truly can say I don't have money that I can just throw around for my wedding. Everything that me and my fiance are doing are from our pockets and our hard earned money, but that hard earned money would go to Brian and Amy in a heart beat because of how much they truly care about what they do and who they do it with. I would recommend them to absolutely anyone and everyone. I can't wait for them to do my wedding! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards