April 2012 Weddings

WHERE ARE MY PHOTOS?!

So last I heard from my photographer was May 30th (she said a few more days) and it's now July 06 and I have yet to see ONE photo!!! 

Anyone else thing this is a problem or am I blowing  this out of porportion!?

Re: WHERE ARE MY PHOTOS?!

• I haven't heard from my photographer since the wedding, although I did see that she's been posting new pictures on her Facebook and one of them was from the wedding.  I was expecting the photos the first week of June but not ready to get antsy with her quite yet knowing that she hasn't completely forgotten about it.  As long as I'm satisfied with the pictures and get the family portrait to my mother in time for her to use for a Christmas card, it doesn't really matter in the long run.
    Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • What did your contract say?

Photobucket

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Dependent on if they are full time photographers, have other jobs, their schedule, etc, some photographers can take up to 6 months to get them back.  When doing a contract you should ALWAYS specify a timeline :(  Sorry you are having such a hard time.  Rather than emailing her (since she can ignore it), give her a call.  Calling will also let her hear and understand how frustrated you are with her services
  • rlavachrlavach member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2012-weddings_where-are-my-photos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:05427f07-4ba2-44d6-9271-99a7af1ee5c0Discussion:446d00ae-323c-4c9c-9ebd-dc2972d15570Post:ecb57eae-711e-427b-9cb7-7af6680e04ef">Re: WHERE ARE MY PHOTOS?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: WHERE ARE MY PHOTOS?! :  I have called twice a day for the past week. My mom has called and emailed; there is no reason to ignore us completely. I just wanted an update. I don't care when she gets them back to us but she is blatently ignoring at this point, and it's going on a month and two weeks with nothing at all. And I can see her posting on social sites all day and night long so there is no excuse in my opinion. 100% unprofessional.  I work in a law office, and know and have taken the necessary measures to where if I need to take her to court, I will and I have everything ready to show that there is no reason for her to be ignoring us.  I have been very pleasant in my emails and voicemails (even asking her if everything is okay since I hadn't heard from her) and still nothing. So now, I am not feeling so nice. It makes me most upset that she promised a few pictures up front (which most photographers show you a few) and we never saw any! Now my grandparents/great-grandparents are all asking and I have nothing to tell them so they are getting upset about it & that's the last thing I wanted.
    Posted by nolap009[/QUOTE]
    Twice a day for the past week? Don't you think that's excessive? Honestly, I don't know how you can sue when there isn't a set date in your contract. So how do you prove breach of contract? When you said that she promised you a few pictures early, was this verbal, or in writing? I totally understand your frustration and I'd be upset too. But I just don't see how you can take legal action from the information that you've provided here. <div>
    </div><div>Perhaps you can write a post on her FB wall politely saying that you've been waiting almost 3 months now and still haven't received your pictures and haven't received any call backs after several attempts. Don't blast her, but be firm. That seems to have worked for others in the past. Vendors don't want you to say negative things about them online where potential customers can see it & even if she deletes your post, she knows you can just write it again there or on any wedding vendor review site. </div>
  • What rlavach said
    Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • I agree, legal action may not be the way to go....unless you don't want ANY pictures. I don't know all the ins and outs, but can't they just return your money and not give you any pics?  That would be horrible!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited August 2012
    Another whole month has gone by again... no word back. As far as I'm concerned.. she probably didn't even take any real pictures! Just pretended!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2012-weddings_where-are-my-photos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:05427f07-4ba2-44d6-9271-99a7af1ee5c0Discussion:446d00ae-323c-4c9c-9ebd-dc2972d15570Post:3837c370-59c8-4fc6-ad3f-4cdb73ef692f">Re: WHERE ARE MY PHOTOS?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Another whole month has gone by again... no word back. As far as I'm concerned.. she probably didn't even take any real pictures! Just pretended!!
    Posted by nolap009[/QUOTE]

<div>We still don't have pictures either. Have you been in contact with her since?</div>
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2012-weddings_where-are-my-photos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:05427f07-4ba2-44d6-9271-99a7af1ee5c0Discussion:446d00ae-323c-4c9c-9ebd-dc2972d15570Post:fdfaab3a-37bd-463c-9672-52de772d4029">Re: WHERE ARE MY PHOTOS?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: WHERE ARE MY PHOTOS?! : We still don't have pictures either. Have you been in contact with her since?
    Posted by rlavach[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Tried ... calling, emailing, no luck :( My best friend even sent someone to her studio and no response. Definitely igorning and for what purpose I don't know. I still haven't seen one. But only three more months until the contract is considered "void" (bc services are suppose to be completed) and then I'm going to have to file small claims to at least get my money back. I really don't need this headache right now. </div><div>
    </div><div>Just makes me really sad as pictures and scrapbooking are my passion. </div><div>
    </div><div>I knew I should have taken them myself! (LOL)</div>
  • I posted here to vent at the time. I kind of had a feeling it would end up like this. I'm still trying to have faith that she will come through, as are my family, but it doesn't look promising. Plus, on the wedding day she was confused and didn't seem like she knew what she was doing so I had my suspiscions. 

I'm so careful about this stuff, I guess I just messed up on this one. 

Thank you everyone for commenting. It made me feel a little better that other people don't have their photos yet.  Then it makes it harder when my friends who were married after I was already have their photos! (and even makes it worse when that was going to be our gift to our parents... a gift basket with some wedding items and a photobook Cry )
  • Aww, you poor thing. I can totally understand your disappointment. Sometimes it can be really obvious that a vendor is shady and to stay away. Other times they cover it up well & seem so reliable. Regardless, I really hope things work out for you. If you do sue her, hopefully you can at least get the raw images & then use the money you get back to hire someone to edit them. Or if you’re good at that, do it yourself. Keep us posted on what happens. 
  • Update:

I got my pictures!  Sealed .... well, correction *some* pictures Undecidedwhich is better than nothing?!

We did have to get police involved. Technically I didn't, but I knew my family would once they caught wind that I hadn't heard anything from the photographer. Still have not heard anything from the photographer...just coorspondence through the police department. 

However, she mailed us (to the wrong address) most of what we agreed upon in the contract. Although, she selected which pictures we would recieve, so we are missing a bunch of photos. Her editing was terrible, actually pretty comical. My best friend was visiting me at the time when I got them in the mail and some of them really made us laugh. For instance, my sister looks like she is floating in the air in her picture.  

All in all, being an optimist,  I was able to work with some pictures from the photographer as well as some candid pictures to make a thank you gift for our parents and grandparents. I mailed them today and I can't wait until they open it and they are surprised since no one knows we recieved them yet!! 

Here are my two favs! Thanks ladies for letting me vent here. 

Hope everyone has a forever lasting happy marriage. <3  

• Aww, yey! I'm glad to hear that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards