North Carolina
Options

We booked our venue!!! And boy, am I relieved.

Ok, so I've been coming here for a few months asking about low budget venues that will allow outside caterers in the Raleigh area, I was really going out of my mind. But it worked out, we found the perfect spot!

We picked the Barclay Villa in Angier! And honestly, I was pretty surprised at myself. 
The theme is very castle like, not at all the shabby chic easy going elegant that I was planning. Angier is almost an hour from RDU which I felt was a big deal for my out of town guests. But when we did the numbers we realized that most people would be driving out here and the handful that will be flying we could always go pick up and bring to the hotel. In fact the hotel closest to Barclay provides shuttles to and from the venue! No tipsy guests getting behind the wheel!! They just started letting people bring in outside caterers, the only downside is that the venue is too far for our originally planned caterer, but I'm sure we can find another.   All in all, it's wasn't what we thought we were looking for but it turned out to be more perfect than I could have hoped. It is about $2k over budget but since our date is 10/6/12 we have over a year to pull in the extra cash. I do hate spending money, especially extra money, but I guess a place that has everything we really need is worth a bit more.   Thank you everyone who offered suggestions!

1White Knot Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: We booked our venue!!! And boy, am I relieved.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on finding your venue! I remember feeling relieved when I found mine too! Good luck with all the other wedding planning!
  • Options
    uneek1323uneek1323 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'm a Barclay Bride in 6 days! Congrats on the venue pick!
    **TTCAL** A little Irish cuteness- Cillian Murphy
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC #1 since December 2011
    Dx: Hypothyroidism, PCOS, one test away from confirming DOR
    BFP #1 1/16/12 EDD 9/16/12 m/c 1/26/12 }Sweet Pea{
    BFP #2 10/18/12 EDD 6/29/13 cp 10/24/12 }Bug{
    BFP #3 11/22/12 EDD 8/1/13 m/c 12/7/12 }Turkey{
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mah Chart * Mah Literary Blog * Mah Other Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic image
    ~*~Everyone is welcome~*~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That venue is BEAUTIFUL! Congrats!! We just picked a venue too and I don't know about you...but man, it is a huge weight off the shoulders!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards