Massachusetts-Cape Cod
Options

Hair in Plymouth Area - Question on where & salon vs. personal visit

I know there are a few posts on hair and make-up... apologies for adding to the pile.

So my question is two fold:
1. Does anyone have advice on salons in the plymouth area for bridal party updos? There are a number of salons, and I just don't know how to narrow down the selection... pricing seems to pretty consistent at $65/updo.

2. I do have an option to have someone come to the hotel where we will be getting make-up done (by a family friend) as well... should I have the hairstylist come to the hotel, or should I stick to finding a salon (I have 7 bridesmaids in my party). Some folks have said that it can get to be a bit chaotic if everyone has their hair done at the hotel.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Re: Hair in Plymouth Area - Question on where & salon vs. personal visit

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know much about salons in that area. Things getting hectic when hair is done at the hotel is contrary to my experiences being in wedding parties.  The times I've been a bridesmaid and we've had our hair done at the hotel has always been so much more relaxed.  You don't have to worry about all the other clients and stylists buzzing around and it's such personal attention!   Also, when your hair is done, you can just walk back to your room and do whatever- no driving anywhere.  I'll definitely post when I get the name of the stylists who did my friend's wedding this past october.  They came to us and we all loved our hair.  It was a little more than the $65 you mentioned but well worth it!  I'll let you all know after I get the info from her...
  • Options
    Fall06BMaidFall06BMaid member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks loljules!! You make some really good points!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok, I called my friend and this is the info about the people she used for her wedding.  It's www.idoweddinghairnewengland.com. I loved what they did with my hair and all the other bridesmaids were really happy too.  I'm going to contact them soon myself and probably set up a trial run.  So check them out and I'll let you all know how my trial run goes!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards