Alaska

Fairbanks

We are going to be getting married in Fairbanks and would like to know nwho everyone recommends for photography, hair/makeup, catering, or even for the venue. I can never find any ideas for Fairbanks on any of the websites :-(

Re: Fairbanks

• edited December 2011
    I've been to three weddings in Fairbanks, the first two were very rustic.  The first was at the Dog Mushers hall on Farmers Loop - VERY rustic, but could possibly be nice if you spent enough money on decor.  The second was at the Carlson Center, then reception outside at Alaska Land, oops, Pioneer Park :)  That was also rather rustic (for a wedding).  The third was GORGEOUS but at a private home with an amazing garden.

I have heard that Taste of Alaska Lodge on Chena Hot Springs Rd is beautiful for weddings.  Also consider Chena Hot Springs Resort, Wedgewood Hotel (ballrooms), Pike's Landing and the Pump House restaurant.  There is also a small, historic chapel in Pioneer Park that rents very cheaply. 

Most of these are summertime options, of course.  Winter limits your options a bit.

For hair/makeup I would recommend anyone at Teamcutters.  I don't know about the rest as we're heading south for our ceremony!
    Hope this helps!
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you, I do appreciate the response! We were originally going to do a destination wedding in Mexico but we want it to be easier for our friends/family to attend. I think we have settled on the River's Edge for the venue/catering mainly because it is family owned. Where I am having the most difficulty is with photographers and cakes.
  • edited December 2011
    i would recommend Nelson's Photography or joyce Mckinzey
  • kaijasmomkaijasmom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I took my best friend for her hair and makeup at Charlotte Rouge.  She looked very beautiful.  Try looking up people on facebook for photography
  • edited December 2011
    I recommend Rebbeca Kurber for photgraphy (rebbecakurberphotgraphy.com) and Jim Matherly for DJ services.  Jim does book up about two years in advance, but still check him out, he could be avalible (jimmatherly.com).  I am friends with both of these people, so I could come across as bias, but they really are amazing at what they do and I wouldn't have anyone else for my wedding!
  • edited December 2011
    I would recomend Nelsons or Brian Schnieder for photography.
    I feel your pain about there not being any info about Fairbanks on any wedding sites:(
    Have you looked at the Alaska Bride and Groom Magazine? They are fairly Anchorage-centric but sometimes there are some helpful fairbanks tidbits.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards