January 2012 Weddings
Options

Wedding Deals

Hi Ladies! I am so excited to be planning my January 2012 wedding!! I love that we have so much time to make decisions. Because we have a full year, I am looking to hit up as many deals as I can, but I am not really sure when they are; any ideas? Obviously, winter decor will be on sale after the holidays, but what about dresses? And is this the only time of year that the online wedding shops have sales?

Also, has anyone had experience with ordering fresh loose flowers and premade bouquets online for a DIY event in place of a florist?

Thanks for the help!!

Re: Wedding Deals

• Options
    Hey I`m also planning a Jan 2012 weding. I`m hopping to also make my own centerpieces and bouquets, but buy the boutiners. I have checked out cosco and the prices seem very reasonable. I was thinking of making pomaders to place on a vase for the centerpieces using either white carnations or roses. I live in Canada so I dont have access to as many online shops as the States
  • Options
    Keep checking out deals at local craft stores. I live in San Antonio, and we have stores such as Michaels and Hobby Lobby. I've seen great deals being offered from both of these stores in the newspapers. You can find DIY invitations, center piece vases and flowers, and so much more. I've seen buy one get one free deals, or buy one get half off. I'd had luck with craft shops, hopefully you will too!

Amanda
  • Options
    I am also planning on buying after the holidays or when I come across good sales. I was just at Joann's fabrics and think they run the same types of sales and Michael's, Hobby Lobby and any other craft stores...pretty much everything is on sale now until the holidays (50% off or so) and then after the holidays it will be marked down at least 70%. Only problem with waiting until then is that you won't have as big of a selection. I usually go out the weekend after Thanksgiving to get my Christmas decorations and always find great sales EVERYWHERE, I would start looking around now and when you come across a good sale-PICK IT UP! 

Yay for January 2012 weddings! 
    TTC since January 2012. Me: 24 & DH: 30

DH SA (1/21/13) is perfect! 1st RE appt set for 1/30/13

BFP on 1/26/13! EDD is 10/5/13! 1st appt at 5w6d and diagnosed high risk due to high BP. Put on meds. 1st Ultrasound scheduled for 2/22/13. Blighted ovum At 7w6d D&C 2/26/13 Anniversary Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards